“A pleasant surprise”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin South - Buda
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Buda
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Just returned from an overnight stay at HI in Buda. Called ahead to let them know we would be arriving late and there was absolutely no problem. What a pleasant surprise to see this nicely appointed HI and the best surprise was the presence of a ceiling fan in our room! The beds were very comfortable and this was probably the best I had slept in a hotel environment in many years.

The staff were very friendly and accomodating to our requests. This is the best value you can find; a very reasonable price and an excellent property with great management.

Location is about 10 minutes south of Austin.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 January 2012

Very nice. Greated by a great front desk person. Dark haired female. Surprised to see we were upgrated to a huge suite! Clean, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast good.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I booked a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express Buda. A few days prior I had to cancel. I cancelled "days" outside the cancel policy. I printed my cancellation number. Holiday Inn Buda charged me no-show anyway. After approximately 10 attempts to reach the manager of this hotel by email, fax and phone with NO RESPONSE, I contacted the main Holiday Inn offices. They responded to me that the absent manager advised I had 2 reservations. NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO PROVIDE ME PROOF OF 2 RESERVATIONS nor have they even tried to do so. They basically stole from me. I, nor any company I know, can charge you without proof or receipt. I don't see how they can. AVOID THIS HOTEL. THERE ARE PLENTY NEARBY. This hotel is a rip off with no morals. After 2 months I still have not heard from this hotel's manager nor have I gotten my money back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank LinleeB
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I had a great 7 night stay here, the beds were so comfortable I couldn't wait to go to sleep at night! The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful, especially one the housekeepers who friendly smile whenever we passed her in the hall was very welcoming (I wish I knew her name so I could give her special recognition because she also did a wonderful job in our room, I believe she was working the 4th floor on 11/20). My only wish is that the coffee was offered was stronger, but then agian I'm coffee addict (Starbucks and McD's in walking distance). Overall, I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank gn87
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We were impressed with the property. The breakfast was very complete, rooms well appointed, and staff wes friendly. The new floor tiles in the bath room were very carelessly grouted, with grouth on the walls, door, and sink stand. The room could have been cleaned a little better due to the reconstruction dust, but otherwise a very good choice and good value.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Well thought out...this is what a hotel room should be. First the entire hotel was sparkling clean. The rooms were spacious with great decore and high ceilings, ceiling fan so you don't need the AC unit on all night, small kitchenette and the BEST bed I have ever slept in. Must disagree with a previous reviewer re: squeaky & uncomfortable beds as ours were great and unlike him we found the hotel very quiet. The location is right off I-35 close to Austin but at half the price and also only a few miles from the San Marcos outlet mall. Great stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Nothing to look at from the outside BUTTTTTT the inside was VERY NICE. Excellent staff, wonderful breakfast, VERY clean hotel and the rooms we had were enormous WITH a ceiling fan over the bed !!!! A hot flash momma's dream !!!! small kitchenette & the BEST BED EVER. Told my husband I would be willing to pay for an extra night just to stay and SLEEP on that bed !!!!!! Ohhhh Myyyyy! Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: LARGE rooms ! Fridge, microwave, & bid bathroom !