“I would stay again....”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin South - Buda
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Buda
Reviewed 21 May 2012

the rooms were spacious and clean. The bathtub was big and roomy and good lighting in the bathroom. Lots of mirrors so my friends and I didnt have to fight over mirror time. Only bad thing...people above us sounded like a herd of elephants.The frontdesk clerk was very nice and accomidating. We did not have the breakfast cause we wanted to try local restaurants. The beds were comfortable and I'm picky. Overall great time had by all. Btw....free, cool thing to do...Cabelo's across the street. Its an sporting goods/outdoor store but lots of big game trophies (bears, rams, deer and such to look at), plus a huge aquarium. took a 4 and 6 year old. They had a blast.

Room Tip: try to get a room on the top floor second to last room ....spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

No signs showing how to reach the facility. The drawers on the furniture stayed open and would not close, the bathroom door would not stay open, walls are paper thin, you could hear many noises. Bathtub has a hole in it, grout in the tile was missing, handhold to get in the shower is on the wrong side. The price was retail. The stay was less that HIE standards

• Stayed: May 2012
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear Philip B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. Our hotel is very proud of its level of cleanliness, service and quality of its product. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to the noise. I am sorry you were not fully satisfied with the overall conditions of the hotel. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Buda.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 May 2012

check in early and room was ready. Liked the fan. room was clean and bkft was okay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Just returned from an overnight stay at HI in Buda. Called ahead to let them know we would be arriving late and there was absolutely no problem. What a pleasant surprise to see this nicely appointed HI and the best surprise was the presence of a ceiling fan in our room! The beds were very comfortable and this was probably the best I had slept in a hotel environment in many years.

The staff were very friendly and accomodating to our requests. This is the best value you can find; a very reasonable price and an excellent property with great management.

Location is about 10 minutes south of Austin.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Very nice. Greated by a great front desk person. Dark haired female. Surprised to see we were upgrated to a huge suite! Clean, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast good.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I booked a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express Buda. A few days prior I had to cancel. I cancelled "days" outside the cancel policy. I printed my cancellation number. Holiday Inn Buda charged me no-show anyway. After approximately 10 attempts to reach the manager of this hotel by email, fax and phone with NO RESPONSE, I contacted the main Holiday Inn offices. They responded to me that the absent manager advised I had 2 reservations. NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO PROVIDE ME PROOF OF 2 RESERVATIONS nor have they even tried to do so. They basically stole from me. I, nor any company I know, can charge you without proof or receipt. I don't see how they can. AVOID THIS HOTEL. THERE ARE PLENTY NEARBY. This hotel is a rip off with no morals. After 2 months I still have not heard from this hotel's manager nor have I gotten my money back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank LinleeB
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I had a great 7 night stay here, the beds were so comfortable I couldn't wait to go to sleep at night! The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful, especially one the housekeepers who friendly smile whenever we passed her in the hall was very welcoming (I wish I knew her name so I could give her special recognition because she also did a wonderful job in our room, I believe she was working the 4th floor on 11/20). My only wish is that the coffee was offered was stronger, but then agian I'm coffee addict (Starbucks and McD's in walking distance). Overall, I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family