“This hotel took the absolute best care of my large group that attended my wedding!”

Comfort Suites Buda – Austin South Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Buda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Buda, Texas
Reviewed 5 April 2011

The hotel manager did a great job of working with the large group that occupied this hotel for my wedding! They accomodated my every need, even though there was a huge musical convention in town that same weekend. They made me feel like my wedding guests were just as important, if not more than the many visitors in for the music festival.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank weddingbliss319

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed 26 March 2011

Brand new, large rooms with small pullout sofa. Nice breakfast. Small bar in lobby, which you don't usually see in a Comfort Suites.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank GoStateGo
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed 26 March 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Buda a few days at the end of March. We cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The room was very clean and spacious. They had a nice indoor pool and laundry area too. Breakfast was great with some hot foods too. The hotel staff was very friendly and answered any questions we had. The hotel is easily accessible from the highway and close to restaurants and shopping. We stayed during the middle of the week so we felt the price we paid for what we received was fair. The only thing we thought would be nice that they do not have is an area outside with a few tables/chairs so that you can sit and relax when the weather is nice.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PCM85
Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed 18 March 2011

We chose this hotel after looking at several on Trip Advisor. We were coming down to San Marcos for a day of shopping at the outlets. We were not happy with the prices or reviews of the hotels closest to the outlets. After booking this room, we were pleasantly surprised by the size and comfort of the room. We had our dog with us and everyone was friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again and based upon a recommendation from another review in trip adivisor, we ate at Nonna Gina's for dinner and it was delicious!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scruffy40
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 March 2011

This is a nice clean hotel with friendly staff. I would stay there again. Have stayed there 3 different times.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2011

This hotel is awful if you are booking for an event. My fiance and I blocked rooms in December for our April wedding. We signed an agreement with them that said we had until March 14th to book them or they would be released. Apparently these agreements mean absolutely nothing. All of the rooms were released and sold 2 weeks prior to our cutoff date without any communcation with us. We found out when our guests tried to book them and were turned away. The sales associates would not return our calls or emails when we tried to contact them about it. The entire experience with these people has turned into a terrible hassle.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank ryanjg
rickcrain, Manager at Comfort Suites Buda – Austin South Hotel, responded to this review, 9 March 2011
As indicted in earlier correspondence we do take all feedback seriously. We were under the impression we had resolved this issue at the time it was brought to our attention. I am sorry if this is not the case.

We adhere to our contracts so that all guests have ample opportunity to reserve guest rooms at a discounted rate. Reminders to meeting planners now state our policies as it’s noted in our contracts - we hope this change will be beneficial to meeting planners in the future.

I certainly apologize to you and your fiancé that we were unable to accommodate more guests at our hotel, but we are glad to learn that the host hotel was able to meet your needs.

I genuinely wish you and your fiancé the best of luck on your future marriage and welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter further.
jolyn73
Reviewed 10 September 2010

My fiance and I travel for a living. Being away from home 3 and 4 weeks at a time, we look for hotels that are warm and inviting, with a feel for home. We are very particular on your needs...pool, laundry, breakfast, seperate sitting area in the rooms. This hotel has all that and more. My fiance had been trying to find a hotel to accomodate us, after working a hard day. We attempted to many other hotels and once we arrived here we new we were "home". Not only did were all are necessities met, but the staff was fabulous. From the the front desk clerk, to the bartendar/chef, to the Manager. We are always greated when we come and go. We are made to feel very special like we are the only guest here. I acutally sat down with the manager while I was waiting on some chips and salsa and she was very informative on the area, attractions, hotel experiences, etc. All this made us feel special...not to metion the rooms are fabulous.; The beds are comfortable, the rooms are very clean, and the towels are soft. So all around this has been a great experience and we will definately recommend this hotel to any and everyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
rickcrain, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Buda – Austin South Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2011
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at Comfort Suites, Buda. As you anniversary slowly approaches, I would like to introduce you to two new hotel stay packages ideal for celebrating your first year together!

Romance Package
Overnight accommodations of your choice
Cocktails for two at our own Dupree's Restaurant and Bar
In-room Chocolates and a Red Rose

Sip & Stay Package
Overnight accommodations of your choice
Wine Tasting Tickets for Two at two local Hill Country Wineries
Maps, Texas Winery Passport and other fun information

We would love to see you back at the hotel.

Megan StClair
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buda
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buda at Cabela's
Americas Best Value Inn - Buda
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin South/Buda
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin South - Buda
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kyle - Austin South
Quality Inn and Suites

Been to Comfort Suites Buda – Austin South Hotel? Share your experiences!