“Great place!”

Comfort Suites Buda – Austin South Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Buda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 August 2012

If you are looking for a great place to stay while visiting the Texas Hill Country or Austin, this place would be perfect for most people. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, the staff is super helpful and happy and the breakfast is better than what you usually get at a mid priced hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank richdm

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Hotel was nice and clean but maintenance is lacking. The light in the bathroom was burned out and we had to call to get it replaced. Also the bathroom outlet was not working so appliances had to be plugged in in the room. Breakfast was good-- the usual items.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Nice hotel but-- the bed had ladies red hair all in the bed which led me to believe sheets had not been changed. Bathroom was spotless but is seemed there was a ant problem in the bathroom. The breakfast is great lots of variety they even had strawberry waffles it was very well put together. Now they had a sign outside advertising happy hour with alcoholic beverages from 4-7. We were excited free drink "oh yeah" well the front desk lady tells me they are still waiting on some stuff with there liquor license and can't serve alcohol yet. I thought why the heck do you have a banner advertising happy house if you can't serve drinks. The other thing that bothered me is I called the front desk and asked for a late check out. I told her we will be leaving at 2PM she said ok no problem. So we were sleeping in and planned to wake up at 1PM to head out. Well the maid from room service comes in the room without knocking and she sees us and says sorry and leaves. Then I start drifting back to sleep and about 30 min later I get a call from the front desk she asked if I was checking out or if I wanted to extend my stay. I said there obliviously is a communication break down I called at 8AM to request late check out and was told that is perfectly fine. But since your bugging the hell out of me we will be out of here in 30min. I took a shower got my family and left. The elevators are a little slow and the snack bar is way overpriced $2.00 for everything ridiculous.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We had a great stay at this Comfort Suites. We will look for another one on our next trip. We stayed at a couple of Quality Inns and almost checked out because they weren't as nice. I loved the fact that the bathtub had handrails. It wasn't a handicap room, but the handrails are great for older people. The only thing we were disappointed in was the eggs on the breakfast bar. They were not eggs! The egg pizza was great and because we stayed 5 nights, we saw a little difference in the breakfast each day. Having the luggage cart was wonderful. Loved the bed! I have never slept so well.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed here on July 20...Picked this place because of the reviews and the price was awesome as well. Lobby was nice (Modern) with a pool table and a bar that offers happy hour. Check in was fast. Room had a sofa, mini fridge,, micro and good ac. Room was clean.. The bathroom tub was sparkling with a shine, only down fall to the room/bathroom was the water in shower was draining slow. Breakfast included items such as eggs, sausage, waffles, cereals, breads, fruits, and coffee/juices. They have a indoor pool as well. The morning of check out they brought our receipt and slid it under our room door. So all I had to do was drop the keys off at checkout and ready to go. This place was very good and kept clean, I will return to this place and recommend it to my family/friends.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2012

It is really is refreshing that all the Comfort Suites I have stayed in have such friendly staff and comfrtable, large size rooms. This one is just off I-35 North, 15 miles south of Austin and has recently been built with the latest and newest concept in checking in (a short counter in a large lobby) as well as a bar, a large area for the complimentary breakfast and a pool table to boot! My room had a niche for a small sofa bed and the room was very clean. Each of the four floors has a LCD TV in the elevator lobby. The hotel is convinient to going to Austin in 10 minutes or Driftwood for the Saltlick BBQ restaurant or Duchman Winery and Trattoria Lsisina Italian restaurant, which are about 20 minutes away.

Room Tip: I prefer the south side which looks over the entrance. There is free wi-fi in the entire hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2012

The hotel was nice and the breakfast was great. They accepted my dog. The problem was a sports team next door and across the hall. They partied every night till 2 am and banged the door every morning while running across the hall. The hotel did tell them to quiet down. But after they had been reported by more than 3 guests they should have been moved or asked to leave.
They made the stay bad for everyone and their sponsors should have been ashamed of their behavior. The hotel is not to blame but they did make several guests angry and lose sleep.
Maybe in the future sports teams like this should be on 1st floor or 4th floor so they will not bother other guests. I stayed in Dallas and they had sports teams but they were well behaved.

Room Tip: Stay away from sports teams either top floor or first floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family