“Worth the drive”

Perini Ranch Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Perini Ranch Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Southwestern, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We came from Houston for a short weekend trip, and decided since we were in the area, we should eat at Perini Ranch. It's always been on our "list" of places we'd like to go, so we finally made it out there. My husband ordered the Cowboy Ribeye to share with our son. He said it was excellent, and cooked perfectly to his liking. I ordered the "build your own burger" because I read it was one of the top burgers to eat in Texas. This burger did NOT disappoint. It was huge, and delicious. The only drawback, was that it came with chips. I'm the type of person who really likes fries with my burger. I thought the might be the thick, hot, fresh homemade chips, but they seemed more like kettle potato chips out of a bag. Not a huge deal since the burger was more than enough food. My daughter enjoyed the chips! It's a cute little place in the middle of nowhere, and you need to have reservations. We arrived about 30 minutes before our reservation time, and were seated pretty quickly. Its nothing fancy, but it feels like home when you walk in. The drive out to Buffalo Gap/Tuscola was gorgeous - so take time to enjoy the beautiful landscape this part of Texas has to offer!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We went to Buffalo Gap for my FIL birthday. There was 5 total of us, 2 getting steaks, 2 getting shrimp and I split one of the steaks with my husband. I ordered a Medium Rare rib eye with salad with ranch on the side, green chili hominy and my husband ordered a side of potatoes. I cut into the steak and it was obviously medium well. I asked politely to send it back, but the waiter returned with the same steak and said " ma'am, its just the poor lighting in here, even my cook agreed that it was medium rare". As the waiter to tilting the plate he was dumping the juices from the steak in my Consuela purse which ruined my papers in there and my $365 purse. I was furious, but help my tongue because I refused to be ugly. I know the waiter was just doing his job. I loved the salad, nothing special, but the ranch is homemade. The hominy was not anything special, I didn't think..

Now, My MIL ate shrimp and said hers was amazing, my granny ate hers and said that it was "okay" and my father in law too said that his steak was over cooked, but good still.

The sides are all sold separate and I personally don't think they are worth the price. So for 5 adults we had 2 steaks with 3 extra sides, 2 shrimp dinners, 3 mixed drinks, 3 teas and 1 water that the total was $189 and some change.

I was not pleased, nor will I return on my own choice.

2  Thank Jodi R
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Who knew? This gem is on the road less traveled.The steak is as good as I have ever eaten - including the most excellent ones I prepare.My wife's filet - ordered well done...I know, but you try to tell her - was delicious. I do not find many places that can handle the well done filet order from my wife and produce an edible meal. Perini's hit a home run. And the bread is excellent.Don't skip desert.
Reservations are a must. And don't show up early thinking you can sit in the bar. There is no seating in the bar.
I can't wait for Christmas. The mesquite smoked peppered beef tenderloin is available by mail. Think about it..what better way to celebrate with your family than serving the best tenderloin available. They even have Guest Quarters where you can stay. Is there a more perfect place?

1  Thank A36IFRPilot
Reviewed 9 October 2017

You are dining is a railroad the hut in the country. Prices are extremely high. Salad served was wilted. Rolls were cold and the butter provided was and amateur garlic mix which was quite disgusting. Steaks were small and seemed to be choice cut in quality, but at the prices charged should be prime. The hominy side dish with bacon and cheese was fair but could not be described as good. The potatoes were oily and undercooked.
Seemed as most staff was teenage as was probably the cook. If you want a high end dining experience go elsewhere. Thinking they are surviving on name.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

My second time at Perini's; treated wonderfully by staff, lots of parking, authentic Texas ambiance; superb steaks (rib eye and prime rib at our table); jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon were a real treat.

Been to Perini Ranch Steakhouse? Share your experiences!