“Discrimination/disability/service dog not allowed” 1 of 5 bubbles

Magnuson Hotel Burleson
Magnuson Hotel Burleson
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Burleson
Sarasota, Florida
“Discrimination/disability/service dog not allowed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

Upon entering the hotel I was greeted by a young lady that was pleasant and friendly behind the counter. The conversation took a turn when the manager (Kathy Bonfiglio) told me my service dog was not allowed to stay at the hotel. She was extremely rude and one of the worst people I have ever had to deal with. She raised her voice and preceded to tell me that I need special documentation proving my dog was a service animal. This lady was clearly not familiar with the American Disability Act. The laws are simple, and she needs to review the laws pertaining to service animals, but more importantly she needs to brush up on her customer service skills. She was not sympathetic toward my disability and continued to talk loudly every-time I tried to speak. I have a 5 Year old black Lab service dog that helps with my day to day functioning. I presented her with a card setting forth that I can NOT be discriminated against nor segregated from anyone else. I proceeded to file a report with the Police and intend on filling a report with the ADA.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathryn s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Burleson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Nice staff, hotel has been renovated, walk out your door to the pool. Convenient to I-35 but quiet. I liked the chandeliers in the entryway, the fireplace would be nice to sit by when it gets cold. Quiet parking lot, safe.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Burleson, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Robin S,
Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean,safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

My fiancé and I was planning on booking our wedding reception at this Hotel. A Manager named Kathy walked us into a decent enough for the price banquet room with unswept floors to show us around. She left us alone to talk amongst ourselves and upon return noticed our 4 yr. old daughter touching some silky linens hanging on a rack. She preceded to make a horribly disgusted face while shaking her head and saying, " Don't touch that. I don't want to have to re-iron those." I apologized for my 4 yr. old that wears glasses due to vision problems for touching the pretty, shiny and silky linens. My fiancé stated that there would be a lot of kids at the reception and based on our experience 5 minutes earlier wanted to be reassured that it would be ok. Kathy then stated, with an attitude, " That's fine, but I expect everyone to keep control of their kids." Really? I'm a small business owner and I know a thing or two about customer service. I also know when someone doesn't like their job. I highly encourage anyone to rethink having a wedding reception at this location. I'd rather pay more for a location ran by someone that enjoyed their job or at least could fake it. The Manager here has neither going for her.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank apb7982

Travellers are raving about these Burleson hotels

Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I walked into the hotel pretty late at night and apologized for not making a prior reservation. I explained that I had needed a last minute check-in do to a unfortunate circumstance with a very dear friend. Well, I picked the right hotel to go into. The staff replied: "No apologies needed, and if we can help make your stay more comfortable in anyway, to please let us know" How wonderful they made me feel at such a sad time in my life! Thx goes out to the staff!!! They were able to get me into a very clean room within 10 minutes, and I was able to be with my friend shortly there after. I would highly recommend this hotel and the professional staff to anyone looking to stay in the Burleson area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sandi G
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Burleson, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear Sandi G,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We really appreciate all of your feedback. We are really sorry for the circumstances that brought your to our hotel. We are glad that we could accommodate you during your stay in Burleson. Thank you for your comments . We will pass them on to our staff. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Plymouth, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

As soon as I walked in and was greeted with a smile and the ambiance was welcoming I knew I'd picked well. I had to fly down at last minute and was leery that I hadn't had a chance to check out other hotels. I really lucked out with this one. Friendly/Professional Staff ~Very Accommodating! My Room was very clean! I always check my room first, especially bed and bathroom, and they were not offended in the least that I asked to do so! Kudos to this establishment.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sheila M
Dear Sheila,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback.. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We hope that you enjoyed your time in Burleson. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

My husband used priceline.com to book a hotel room. This is the hotel we were booked. When we arrived, they told us that they did not have a reservation for us. But they had received a fax from priceline with our name, room for 2, check in date, and check out date earlier that day. Then proceeded to tell us that they did not have a room for us because they didn't get their money from priceline. When we asked if their hotel had ever received a reservation from priceline in the past, they said yes and that they hated priceline. They said that they had only started having problems in the past 3 days. Yet when asked why they didn't call priceline to get their money when our faxed reservation came in, they couldn't give us an answer. The 2 managers proceeded to raise their voices at us and asked "What do you want me to do about it?" We told them that we would be staying somewhere else and would not come back to this hotel ever! The only pro for this hotel - they did call priceline after we left to tell them to give us a refund.

Room Tip: Make sure they have your reservation! We did not see any rooms since they did not have our reservat...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Rochelle N
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I arrived went to the front desk to check in told the clerk that I needed a room with a king size bed. He was friendly he took my info and give me the card key to the room. I made my way to my room it was very spacious and clean. Later in the night I went to the hotel bar the bartender was very friendly. All in all it was a nice hotel I will stay again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kathrine B, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Burleson, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are currently working on some renovations and we look forward to you letting us know what you think of the upgrades.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burleson
BEST WESTERN PLUS Burleson Inn & Suites
Motel 6 Fort Worth - Burleson
Motel 6 Fort Worth - Burleson
#86 of 110 in Fort Worth
La Quinta Inn & Suites Burleson

Been to Magnuson Hotel Burleson? Share your experiences!