“Great staff was wonderful”

Magnuson Hotel Burleson
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Burleson
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stated their for six months and the staff was great anything we ask for they provide .housekeeping was always their in morning kept us with fresh towels and a clean rooom would defently go back ....

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank tamiboo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Burleson, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear tamiboo,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you during your extended stay. We strive to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Since 2012, they have renovated a lot of the Hotel/Motel. We stopped there to see what kind of New year's Eve package they had available to stay on Dec 31, 2013. The cost was 150.00 per couple. Not bad, but not really worth that much. Party favors, snacks, DJ, and one complimentary drink. The DJ was, well let's say, not very people friendly. The snacks were not very appealing to me.

The staff, while not very experienced, were exceptionally nice and helpful.

The entry way looks very nice. The rooms are adequate. They have not finished renovating the rooms. Linens are in need of upgrading as well. They do have cable TV, but reception is only fair (fuzzy) and no HD. We didn't enjoy the bed that much. Wife said too hard.

Leaving is a little tricky, You have to go thru a gas station to get back on the HWY to go north.

I give it a 3 mainly because of the staff.

I may give it another chance next year as it was close to home.

Expedia gives it a two star rating and I concur with that.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor and on the south side. This is away from most in-house traffic.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Burleson, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear btuma,

Thank you for telling about your stay. We hope that you enjoyed your stay in the area. Thank you for telling us your concerns. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make changes to the hotel to make it better. We are so sorry that you were not completely satisfied. Thank you so much for your time.. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Upon entering the hotel I was greeted by a young lady that was pleasant and friendly behind the counter. The conversation took a turn when the manager (Kathy Bonfiglio) told me my service dog was not allowed to stay at the hotel. She was extremely rude and one of the worst people I have ever had to deal with. She raised her voice and preceded to tell me that I need special documentation proving my dog was a service animal. This lady was clearly not familiar with the American Disability Act. The laws are simple, and she needs to review the laws pertaining to service animals, but more importantly she needs to brush up on her customer service skills. She was not sympathetic toward my disability and continued to talk loudly every-time I tried to speak. I have a 5 Year old black Lab service dog that helps with my day to day functioning. I presented her with a card setting forth that I can NOT be discriminated against nor segregated from anyone else. I proceeded to file a report with the Police and intend on filling a report with the ADA.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathryn s
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Nice staff, hotel has been renovated, walk out your door to the pool. Convenient to I-35 but quiet. I liked the chandeliers in the entryway, the fireplace would be nice to sit by when it gets cold. Quiet parking lot, safe.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Burleson, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Robin S,
Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean,safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

My fiancé and I was planning on booking our wedding reception at this Hotel. A Manager named Kathy walked us into a decent enough for the price banquet room with unswept floors to show us around. She left us alone to talk amongst ourselves and upon return noticed our 4 yr. old daughter touching some silky linens hanging on a rack. She preceded to make a horribly disgusted face while shaking her head and saying, " Don't touch that. I don't want to have to re-iron those." I apologized for my 4 yr. old that wears glasses due to vision problems for touching the pretty, shiny and silky linens. My fiancé stated that there would be a lot of kids at the reception and based on our experience 5 minutes earlier wanted to be reassured that it would be ok. Kathy then stated, with an attitude, " That's fine, but I expect everyone to keep control of their kids." Really? I'm a small business owner and I know a thing or two about customer service. I also know when someone doesn't like their job. I highly encourage anyone to rethink having a wedding reception at this location. I'd rather pay more for a location ran by someone that enjoyed their job or at least could fake it. The Manager here has neither going for her.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank apb7982
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I walked into the hotel pretty late at night and apologized for not making a prior reservation. I explained that I had needed a last minute check-in do to a unfortunate circumstance with a very dear friend. Well, I picked the right hotel to go into. The staff replied: "No apologies needed, and if we can help make your stay more comfortable in anyway, to please let us know" How wonderful they made me feel at such a sad time in my life! Thx goes out to the staff!!! They were able to get me into a very clean room within 10 minutes, and I was able to be with my friend shortly there after. I would highly recommend this hotel and the professional staff to anyone looking to stay in the Burleson area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sandi G
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Burleson, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear Sandi G,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We really appreciate all of your feedback. We are really sorry for the circumstances that brought your to our hotel. We are glad that we could accommodate you during your stay in Burleson. Thank you for your comments . We will pass them on to our staff. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

As soon as I walked in and was greeted with a smile and the ambiance was welcoming I knew I'd picked well. I had to fly down at last minute and was leery that I hadn't had a chance to check out other hotels. I really lucked out with this one. Friendly/Professional Staff ~Very Accommodating! My Room was very clean! I always check my room first, especially bed and bathroom, and they were not offended in the least that I asked to do so! Kudos to this establishment.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sheila M

Dear Sheila,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback.. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We hope that you enjoyed your time in Burleson. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Hotel Burleson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burleson
Best Western Plus Burleson Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Worth - Burleson
Motel 6 Fort Worth - Burleson
Motel 6 Fort Worth - Burleson
#84 of 115 in Fort Worth

Been to Magnuson Hotel Burleson? Share your experiences!