“Too expensive”

Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park North Texas
Belton, Texas
“Too expensive”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stay here only because it is close to family. Way over priced for what you get. Pools are nice but very crowded. Rv sites are level but are gravel and short and narrow. No green space. The guy's truck next door was parked right against the picnic table because he had to park sideways. Very little overflow parking and little space at your site if your rig is much over 30ft. Clerks are not very well trained. Pricing is inconsistent--depending on who checks you in. This park has gone from a nice place to stay to an overpriced fiasco. If you drive by and see the water park--it is not included in the $40-65 a night rv site price.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Fulltimefun
Rustic Creek R, Manager at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park North Texas, responded to this review, 10 October 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. We absolutely love feedback, positive or otherwise, as we use it to better our park and our team.

Your comments are greatly appreciated and we spent the entire summer working to improve the grounds, training our staff, and working on adding value to create an awesome guest experience!

We are truly disappointed that you didn't love our park. We'd like to invite you back in hopes of winning your over and to show you all we've done to improve. I would be pleased to put a complimentary 1 night stay certificate in the mail to you, if you would kindly email me with your physical address (kara.mellwig@northtexasjellystone.com).

Once again thank you for your time and feedback. We hope to see you soon!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed in the premium cottage over Easter weekend 2014. We love to travel…and usually stick to higher end vacations…cruises, all-inclusives, etc. We noticed this campground on the way to great wolf lodge and thought it might be fun for the kids. We have 6 year old twins and a 4 year old…all boys.

The cottage was nice..but way overpriced. We payed $$$ for two nights and it didn't include anything other than the cottage. The cottage was nicely decorated but I wouldn't say it justified the price…we have stayed in other lodging that included better amenities then this did for the price. The premium cottages were only nice on the inside…the surrounding was not premium. They have tried to cram as many of these cottages, trailers, campsites as possible. The trailers had their own fire pit and grill, but we only had a grill available.

You had to purchase a wristband to participate in any activites. My father who is 72 and can't get around easily had to purchase a wristband to sit with us at the waterpark or in the gaming area….they wouldn't let him in otherwise. I get that they have to make money..but I felt they took the wristband thing too far. They checked our bags and wristbands when we walked into the gaming area (which you have to go through to get to the water park), they check our wristbands again for the kids to use the playscape inside the gaming area (you couldn't get into this area without being checked first), then they checked our wristbands AGAIN when we walked into the water park area. Keep in mind that there is only one entrance and so between the first entrance and water park entrance…our wristbands got checked 3 times…oh I forgot one…you get your ticket next to the door of the gaming entrance first…they check your wristband here first…so we got checked 4 times from entry to watermark. Yes they are very PARANOID about you using anything of theirs without paying for it.

This was nice for our kids…but we felt like it was just okay. I would not recommend this park. I think it is all overpriced and takes away from the true camping experience.

Room Tip: There is no good site available. If you want a premium cottage with a community fire pit then stay...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ginger123snaps
Thank you very much for taking the time to post about your experience at our park. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.

We are pleased you found the cottage to be nice. We are disappointed that you didn't have an amazing time. Your comments are very important to us and will help to improve our park.

I can absolutely empathize with your frustration of having your wristband checked multiple times. We obviously have had issues with people sneaking in. However we will discuss this in our staff meeting to determine a better way to make sure guests have paid, without offending anyone. Due to the limited space, we do require everyone to have a wristband whether they are actually utilizing the water park or not.

Regarding a "true" camping experience; we offer a little something for everyone based on the guest's needs, wants, and budget. For instance, we would suggest a tent site for a more authentic camping experience vs. a premium cottage. We also offer fishing, s'mores around a campfire, horseshoes and many other more traditional camping activities, to meet the needs of those seeking this type of experience.

We would love to have you back in hopes of a fabulous experience! We would be happy to offer you a complimentary 1 night tent site, if you are wanting a more authentic experience, or a complimentary 1 night stay in a cottage. If you have any interest please email me your physical address at kara.mellwig@northtexasjellystone.com, and I will put a certificate in the mail for you.

Thank you again for your time and honest feedback. We hope to welcome you back to the park soon!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

While we were taking our campsite down after the weekend, an employee was driving a golf cart recklessly and came within a few inches of hitting my daughter. When I complained about this employee's behaviour, I was blown off by management. They left me feeling like they just don't care about our kids safety. I won't be coming back to this or any other Jellystone park because of this experience and would caution others about staying here.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank David V
Rustic Creek R, Manager at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park North Texas, responded to this review, 18 October 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us.

We always appreciate receiving feedback; positive or not. The only way we can be better as a team and park is to receive honest and real feedback from guests.

I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience. Please know that this was not taken lightly and we have worked to better train our staff, and also hold them accountable, as this absolutely is not acceptable.

Would you please come back and give us another try? We would love to offer you a complimentary 1 night stay if you are interested. Please kindly email your physical address to kara.mellwig@northtexasjellystone.com and I would be happy to put a certificate in the mail.

Once again thank you for your time.

Guest Service Specialist

Travellers are raving about these Burleson hotels

Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed one night on 2/14. We found a great rate on facebook for a standard cabin for $69/night. When I called to book, had no trouble getting the rate. Only concern is that the staff I spoke with didn't know the room I was asking for based on the name from their own website. If you have a specific need, be sure you clarify before agreeing to a specific type of room. Upon arrival, the staff was very friendly and no issues with check in. We went to the Bear's Den to check it out and they invited our son to make a valentine's frame for free. Be careful to ask prices before you begin an activity. They do have prices posted, but easy to get confused what is free and what you are charged for. Don't be afraid to ask!
Our cabin was super clean, but needed some general maintenance things done. Hair dryer missing from wall, no tp holder, fan covers between bedroom and front room were off, the remote in the living room didn't work and the dish network in the bedroom didn't work at all. When we checked out, I gave them a list of all of these items. Doesn't do any good to post feedback without giving it directly to the property management. The bed was really comfy!
Breakfast was included the price, but this is the reason I gave 3 instead of a 4. The staff in charge of this was simply RUDE!!! The management could avoid bad reviews about this if they would POST SIGNS about what people should expect and inform during check-in. It was a "one-time" through "buffet"---i use this word loosely. They "serve" you. You could have 1 tiny pancake and 1 biscuit/gravy. There was a place for coffee (missing) and place for orange and apple juice. My husband got our juice, but they weren't happy that he did it, but there was one person running back and forth trying to do everything. I cannot even imagine the madness this must be when they are busy during peak-season. This clearly needs to be addressed and the lady with the really short blonde hair should not be allowed to deal with the public. She was TERRIBLE!!! One of the ladies that sat at the table next to us with 2 small children went to get her child a cup of juice after it was refilled and this same lady would not allow her to get the juice, even though the reason she didn't get it the first time through it was empty!
We did the hey hey hey ride, the bear roll ride, and the firetruck ride. They were fun. The park is under going a lot of work right now, so if you are wanting to do anything other than the arcade or the scheduled rides, you're pretty much out of luck. We were looking forward to the inflatables and bikes, but nothing was open even though it was a really warm weekend.
We would probably go back, but will be very aware of what we are going for.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Angie C
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here in Burleson! We sincerely appreciate your honest and detailed feedback and have been working to correct these issues. I sincerely apologize for your breakfast experience. Our intent is certainly not to underfeed guests, and is never to treat them poorly.

We are constantly striving to be better and offer our guests a better value, and an overall better guest experience. We can only do this by receiving helpful and honest feedback, such as yours. Thank you.

We hope to welcome you back soon and would like to offer you 3 complimentary Stay and Play wrist bands on your next visit. Kindly email me with your contact information at kara.mellwig@northtexasjellystone.

Once again thank you for your time.

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Okay so me and my family went this past weekend. 10/4-10/6. We stayed in their new homestead lodges. We chose this for the full kitchen reason. We brought our own food to cook dinners and lunch. Its was roomy enough for the 2 adults and 3 kids. There is an upstairs loft perfect for 3 kids to play and have fun. Also has a porch where the kids could eat breakfast since its screened in. It wasnt bad at all. Our neighbors were a little loud at night and the walls on the cabins are NOT insulated well so we could hear their party but it wasnt over whelming and the park has quiet time starting at 10pm. We left saturday morning came back to our cabin and trash had been taken out and beds made and new towels. No complaints there. NOW onto the price of things everyone is complaining about. If you are on a low income yes, you need to make sure you have saved up for this trip. Now remember there is 5 of us here. To stay 2 nights in the homestead lodging. Rent a golf cart for one day. (1 pm- 12 pm the next day) and three wrist bands (26.00 for each total of 5) The cost was 664.00. The wrist bands pay for most of the activities including the water park. There is an area called the fun zone which is a down sized dave and busters. It isnt that bad. Some games are 25 cents others are 1.00. I mean over all trip yes over priced. You can go to san antonio stay at a 4 star hotel and go to sea world for about the same price you can do this. We ate one meal there which was dinner. We got one 12 inch pizza a kids chicken strip meal. A pbj and a cheese burger and a choc cookie and it was 34.00. Wasnt that bad. They cater to kids and our very sweet. Front desk issue people are having.. there was one girl that maybe was pissed she wasnt getting off work early and was in a mood but other then that everyone was nice and helpful. They say the waterpark is heated. We went saturday the day the cold front came in. Water was not heated! They closed it after my kids were done playing. A storm came in saturday night and they did their very best to make sure everyone had rides to their rvs or cabins they were getting soaked trying to accomodate everyone back to where they were staying. Just some tips. Get a wrist ban for everyone in the family. Rent a golf cart. (you can walk but just spend the 74.00 and get a golf cart if you can) If you dont have a large family stay in there other cottage with a very nice bathroom and no kitchen. Oh and they say they have wifi... yeah both our ipads and 5s would not pick up their wifi. Would we go back.. yes we would for our kids. They are 5 and 6 and now wish that they lived there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Sara C
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a comment. We greatly appreciate it and are always pleased when our guests find pleasure in being with us in Burleson.

We are thrilled you enjoyed staying in the Homestead and that your kids liked all the activities! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give such a detailed account of your experience here and know that potential guests really enjoy getting actual costs and hearing about specifics of your experience.

Please feel free to reach out to me if your have further comments, questions, or if I can assist you with a future reservation.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

austin
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I was not a fan of this place. Everything was overpriced from the RV slots to food to the kids swimming area. $26 bucks a person to swim at the Pirate place and adults have to pay too! We just sat and watched and paid $26 bucks each. The gaming area was outragously exspensive, twice as much as Dave and Busters and really bad prizes. I found the young ladies in the office to be quite rude.
We never got to play lazer tag as there was no kids to play with. It was an open all day kind of event so we never knew when there would be other kids to play with. I will say that they do cater to the kids with lots of activities but most were very babeish games. We had 9 & 10 year olds who were just not interested.
Lastly - the entire resort smelled like a sewer... at times it was very overwhelming!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank justiceinaustin
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and apologize for the delay in responding to you. We have spent the past several months working to improve the park and our team. We can only do this by receiving valuable comments from our guests.

I'm sorry you didn't have an awesome time. We would love to invite you back for a 1 night complimentary stay and you can experience for yourself all we've done to improve our park, better our team, and create more value in what we offer. If you have any interest in returning as our guest, please email me your physical address and I will put a certificate in the mail for you. I can be reached at kara.mellwig@northtexasjellystone.com.

Once again thank you for your time and thoughtful comments.

Guest Care Specialist
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

We came here and stayed in one of the RV spots. This place has ton of kids activities and is catered for kids. But guess what parents...you pay too for everything! Even activites where you are standing and watching. Bring a few hundred bucks or be prepared to say no alot and we know the word no makes for a great family fun weekend!! Great Wolf Lodge is cheaper and you can bring your own food and drinks!!
Lastly, the some of the young girla working in the store were really,really rude.

• Stayed September 2013
6 Thank KyleB407
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burleson
Best Western Plus Burleson Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express-Burleson
Radisson Fort Worth South
Radisson Fort Worth South
#62 of 110 in Fort Worth

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park North Texas? Share your experiences!