North Texas Jellystone Park
US$112
HIExpress.com
US$97
Priceline
Five Star Inn(Burleson)(Great Value!)
US$62
Quality Suites Burleson - Ft. Worth(Burleson)(Great Value!)
US$85
Priceline
Red Roof PLUS+ Fort Worth - Burleson(Burleson)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$94
US$91
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslaser tagpirates coveyogi bearcandy bar bingobring your ownfire truck ridefire pitbunk bedsbear's dena lot of funrent a golf cartspring breakscreened in porchgreat family funfun activitiesadults and kidsahead of time
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This campground is near our home, and we had always heard great things about the facility. Indeed, it has great facilities and activities, including a water park that is being expanded (producing the expected blowing dirt and noise of a construction site).. The staff was efficient and friendly. Our major complaint is that the RV sites were not well-kept. They needed mowing badly and were not well-manicured like we expected of an RV resort, especially one run by the Jellystone group. Tree limbs needed to be trimmed so that the larger RVs would fit without scratching the fiberglass. We talked with people who had stayed there in the past, and they said that the grounds were better kept then. We toured some of their cabins and rentals. Most were exceptionally nice. Then they took us to some of their rental RVs, which were FEMA trailers! They were really yucky and rundown; we couldn't believe they were renting them out! We hope they will improve the quality of the RV sites to match most of the other grounds and facilities.

Room Tip: Since this park is located on a major interstate highway, ask to be placed further back to avoid some noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Donna O
Rustic Creek R, Manager at North Texas Jellystone Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your experience.

We are pleased you found our staff efficient and friendly! We are truly sorry that you didn't have an amazing experience.

We sincerely appreciate your comments in regard to the condition of the RV sites. We are constantly working to improve our park and can only do so with valuable feedback, such as this. Regarding the FEMA trailers; we have all different types of guests staying here, with different needs and very different budgets. We strive to create amazing guest experiences and family memories and are pleased we can reach such a wide audience by offering different levels of accommodations.

Please know it is always our desire to treat your needs and hopes as our own, and would like to invite you back. Please accept a free one-night stay certificate as a good faith gesture. If you would kindly contact me to confirm your physical address I would be happy to put a certificate in the mail. I can be reached at kara.mellwig@northtexasjellystone.com.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We have passed this park many times. We decided to give RVing a try and figured this place would be a great place to start. Well, we learned several lessons. First, not all the lots are level. We had a premium lot that pulled through. We thought that would make it easier. Not being level, was just wrong. And it being gravel and covered in weeds wasn't great either. Second, everything is WAY overpriced. It was unreal! They wanted $5 a game for some of the game things in the arcade! In the bathroom there was NO hot water. None. My daughter when in to shower, turned and locked the door. After her shower she tried to get out and the doorknob came off in her hand. We had to break in to get. No help from the staff either, who was too busy racing their golf carts and eating lunch to help us. Plus, the Waterpark hours were wrong online, so we had a whole day we could not swim. Then, the employees would RACE around and drive wildly. It was dangerous to be a kid here. When I asked a question in there Ranger Lodge, they acted put out that they had to answer me. The Waterpark is being expanded, NAND I can understand growing pains. However, there is not even a path from he RV park to the Waterpark! What? Plus, the parking lot is solid limestone rocks. It is dreadful for kids to try and walk on. The water rides are very babyish. They would not entertain preteens or teens for any amount of time. The new slides should help, but not much. Overall, a waste. Nice concept, poorly run. We will not be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Amy C
Rustic Creek R, Manager at North Texas Jellystone Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your experience.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are so disappointed you didn't have a great time. All of the comments are extremely valuable and we will use them to improve our park and our staff.

I would like to offer you our sincerest apologies and explain that we are better than what you experienced. However, don't take my word for it. I'd like to send you a certificate for a complimentary one-night stay with us. If you are interested in giving us another try please email me your physical address and I will put a certificate in the mail. I can be reached at kara.mellwig@northtexasjellystone.com.

Once again thank you for your feedback and for helping us to improve.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stay here only because it is close to family. Way over priced for what you get. Pools are nice but very crowded. Rv sites are level but are gravel and short and narrow. No green space. The guy's truck next door was parked right against the picnic table because he had to park sideways. Very little overflow parking and little space at your site if your rig is much over 30ft. Clerks are not very well trained. Pricing is inconsistent--depending on who checks you in. This park has gone from a nice place to stay to an overpriced fiasco. If you drive by and see the water park--it is not included in the $40-65 a night rv site price.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Fulltimefun

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. We absolutely love feedback, positive or otherwise, as we use it to better our park and our team.

Your comments are greatly appreciated and we spent the entire summer working to improve the grounds, training our staff, and working on adding value to create an awesome guest experience!

We are truly disappointed that you didn't love our park. We'd like to invite you back in hopes of winning your over and to show you all we've done to improve. I would be pleased to put a complimentary 1 night stay certificate in the mail to you, if you would kindly email me with your physical address (kara.mellwig@northtexasjellystone.com).

Once again thank you for your time and feedback. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed in the premium cottage over Easter weekend 2014. We love to travel…and usually stick to higher end vacations…cruises, all-inclusives, etc. We noticed this campground on the way to great wolf lodge and thought it might be fun for the kids. We have 6 year old twins and a 4 year old…all boys.

The cottage was nice..but way overpriced. We payed $$$ for two nights and it didn't include anything other than the cottage. The cottage was nicely decorated but I wouldn't say it justified the price…we have stayed in other lodging that included better amenities then this did for the price. The premium cottages were only nice on the inside…the surrounding was not premium. They have tried to cram as many of these cottages, trailers, campsites as possible. The trailers had their own fire pit and grill, but we only had a grill available.

You had to purchase a wristband to participate in any activites. My father who is 72 and can't get around easily had to purchase a wristband to sit with us at the waterpark or in the gaming area….they wouldn't let him in otherwise. I get that they have to make money..but I felt they took the wristband thing too far. They checked our bags and wristbands when we walked into the gaming area (which you have to go through to get to the water park), they check our wristbands again for the kids to use the playscape inside the gaming area (you couldn't get into this area without being checked first), then they checked our wristbands AGAIN when we walked into the water park area. Keep in mind that there is only one entrance and so between the first entrance and water park entrance…our wristbands got checked 3 times…oh I forgot one…you get your ticket next to the door of the gaming entrance first…they check your wristband here first…so we got checked 4 times from entry to watermark. Yes they are very PARANOID about you using anything of theirs without paying for it.

This was nice for our kids…but we felt like it was just okay. I would not recommend this park. I think it is all overpriced and takes away from the true camping experience.

Room Tip: There is no good site available. If you want a premium cottage with a community fire pit then stay close to the highway…if you don't care about the fire pit then stay further in by the trailers.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ginger123snaps

Thank you very much for taking the time to post about your experience at our park. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.

We are pleased you found the cottage to be nice. We are disappointed that you didn't have an amazing time. Your comments are very important to us and will help to improve our park.

I can absolutely empathize with your frustration of having your wristband checked multiple times. We obviously have had issues with people sneaking in. However we will discuss this in our staff meeting to determine a better way to make sure guests have paid, without offending anyone. Due to the limited space, we do require everyone to have a wristband whether they are actually utilizing the water park or not.

Regarding a "true" camping experience; we offer a little something for everyone based on the guest's needs, wants, and budget. For instance, we would suggest a tent site for a more authentic camping experience vs. a premium cottage. We also offer fishing, s'mores around a campfire, horseshoes and many other more traditional camping activities, to meet the needs of those seeking this type of experience.

We would love to have you back in hopes of a fabulous experience! We would be happy to offer you a complimentary 1 night tent site, if you are wanting a more authentic experience, or a complimentary 1 night stay in a cottage. If you have any interest please email me your physical address at kara.mellwig@northtexasjellystone.com, and I will put a certificate in the mail for you.

Thank you again for your time and honest feedback. We hope to welcome you back to the park soon!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

While we were taking our campsite down after the weekend, an employee was driving a golf cart recklessly and came within a few inches of hitting my daughter. When I complained about this employee's behaviour, I was blown off by management. They left me feeling like they just don't care about our kids safety. I won't be coming back to this or any other Jellystone park because of this experience and would caution others about staying here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank David V
Rustic Creek R, Manager at North Texas Jellystone Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us.

We always appreciate receiving feedback; positive or not. The only way we can be better as a team and park is to receive honest and real feedback from guests.

I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience. Please know that this was not taken lightly and we have worked to better train our staff, and also hold them accountable, as this absolutely is not acceptable.

Would you please come back and give us another try? We would love to offer you a complimentary 1 night stay if you are interested. Please kindly email your physical address to kara.mellwig@northtexasjellystone.com and I would be happy to put a certificate in the mail.

Once again thank you for your time.