“I enjoy playing this course”

Southern Oaks Golf Club
Ranked #6 of 11 things to do in Burleson
More attraction details
Owner description: This beautiful 18-hole championship design winds through mature oak and pecan trees, crossing an existing creek, making it both a scenic and challenging round of golf for any player.
Topeka, Kansas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“I enjoy playing this course”
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I've played here a few times and I'd play it a lot more if the knuckle head customer/friend I golf with didn't shame me into playing from the tips (7300 yards?) every time. We are young seniors that carry 10-12 handicaps and I just make it a challenge to try to break 90 from back there.

I played the course recently and I thought the greens rolled smooth and they were consistent. There were workers around making improvements/repairing wash-outs so improvement is still high on the list.

There isn't a course that I've played in the Metroplex that is a better value (sign up for email specials) and is as challenging as this track - fun combination. And I don't live in the area but I'm a frequent visitor to the city. I'll be back again!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank TopekaHusker

Dallas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Pretty Good Course”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Course is in pretty good shape. It has difficult fairways with lots of fairway bunkers. Greens could be better.

Visited February 2012
Cleburne, Texas
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 380 helpful votes
“Good hole lay-out”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Nice club-house and pro shop. Drought has effected the grounds. Recently under new ownership/Mgmt., I'm hopeful that the groundskeeping will improve.

18-hole golf course. Friendly staff. GREAT hamburger at the club house! Actually, many people just go to the club-house for the hamburgers. ENJOY :)

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Monica N
Jose G, Manager at Southern Oaks Golf Club, responded to this review, 16 September 2012
Dear Monica
Thank you for taking the time to do a review about Southern Oaks. Overall we can say we are proud of the progress made on the course although we know there is some work to do still. This season we will keep putting new grass on two more holes, 14 and 18, as well as more renovations are on the way. Last month we airfied our greens, the second time this year, so we expect they (greens) will turn awesome for this season. We have new tee markers, more merchandise in the Pro Shop and we have plans to renovate all the bunkers. Again, exciting things are coming, bear with us while we try to make it happen.
Thanks
Best Regards
Panama City, Florida
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“A real golf test”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This is a course that requires you to think your way around. It is a risk vs. reward course. Plays long in distance from the tips. Good value on fees

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Fred W
Euless, TX
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Save your money”
Reviewed 3 April 2010

I have played Southern Oaks many times and always enjoyed the course. But, right now it is in bad shape. I don't know if they don't have any money or what, but the fairways had clover growing in them 3 or 4 inches high. The weeds along the first cut were a foot tall. The greens are rock hard and won't hold at all. Right now it could be called a "goat ranch".........Stanley Allen

4 Thank stan349