“Great food.”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Alice, Texas
“Great food.”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stopped here after a drive through the countryside. Ate here on a saturday around 2:30pm, decent crowd for around that time. What I had was the regular sausage, about a pound of it, (was hungry) finished it all. In the dining area, youcan get pickles,onions and BBQ sauce, regular or spicy, go for the spicy, its not that hot, but i think has a much better taste. It looks like its an old converted feed store, but its very nice. Friendly staff, clean place, make this an ideal place to take the family. Also there is an autographed jersey of Jorday Shipley, a Burnet native who played at UT. Nice touch!

Keller
“Loved the BBQ”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My sister and I were on our way home from Fredericksburg when we came upon Burnet Feed BBQ off of Hwy 281. I had the brisket dinner and my sis had the pork rib dinner. I ate everything on my plate and it was delicious! I wished they had sold jars of the BBQ sauce as it was great! Wished we lived closer as I would go back again! Don't hesitate to stop!!!

Houston
“Don't Think The Locals Go Here.”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stopped into the Feed Store BBQ a couple of years ago for lunch. The chopped beef sandwiches were adequate. Hard to screw up chopped beef. The onions were EXCELLENT. Stopped again for supper yesterday while passing through. Most disappointing. Had pork ribs and jalapeno sausage and beans and pototato salad, both bland. Wife had a chopped baker. My ribs were greasy and the links had the taste and consistency of an Oscar Mayer frank. Wife's chopped beef on her tater is surpassed by what we can get at H.E.B. in a package. Don't think the locals go here, and we won't again, BUT the onions were good. Hard to screw up an onion.

Clearwater, Florida
“Average to poor”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Wife and I had lunch today in the Feed Store. Staff very friendly but the food is not up to even minimal BBQ standards for this area. Wife had chicken (dry). Ugh. I had brisket, jalapeño sausage and pork ribs. Wife's sides were slaw (not bad) and some veg (terrible). I had hot pintos and the slaw. Beans were realy ho hum, where's the heat?.. Ribs were not bad but the brisket was not cut fresh and sausage was more like Typical vac packaged super market sausage. All in all, we said, let's give it a try....we did and will not go back. Coopers in Llano is still the best in this area.

Visited April 2014
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Great BBQ, fine building transformation”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We took the Hill Country drive from San Antonio to Dallas mostly along Hwy 281 and stopped for lunch at Burnet Feed BBQ. It is on the highway, easy to find in Burnet. There is no mistaking that this place used to be a feed store! It has the shape, signs, raised front walkway and small silos. Inside you find a large "warehouse" style eating area complete with a cow display and walls of old photos with booths and tables. As expected order and pay first. We had the ribs, pork tenderloin, tater tot salad and potato salad. The two BBQ sauces are served warm and are not on the food. The "hot" sauce is quite peppery but delicious. The ribs were tender, and flavorful. The pork was also tender ($12 for the two meat combo). The tater tot casserole was really good. We also got a frito pie with Fritos, beans (with meat) and cheese. This was also good and very good value ($6). The meat was medium smoked I would say, he ribs more so than the pork. They also have chicken and turkey and sausage on the menu. A terrific unique stop in Burnet with friendly staff and great food.

• Visited March 2014