“Very pleased, more than I expected and a super friendly owner on site.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Painted Sky Inn

Painted Sky Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Burnet B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Very pleased, more than I expected and a super friendly owner on site.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

great rooms, no muss no fuss, all stained concrete floors, great litle kitchen with cooktop, microwave, utensils, and even a wine bottle opener. Nice linens, comfy beds, beautiful view. We stayed there to go out fishing on lake buchannan and was able to rent a canoe from them, they also have kayaks. Super tranquil relaxing weekend getaway - absolutely recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Denise L, Owner at Painted Sky Inn, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
"No muss no fuss" is perfect! We are pretty simple here. We think the decor should be the nature outside and cut out the decorator noise on the inside. I do plan to put in some professional photos in the room that are taken on property and in the area just to add a little bit of decor but something tasteful and not fussy. Anyway, thank you for the lovely review. I'm so glad that we exceeded your expectations and hope to see you back real soon. Denise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

My husband came across this location while searching for a weekend trip in small town Texas. We instantly fell in love with this place. Denise is an amazing host and we really got to know a little bit about her and her love for this place she created. It is absolutely clean and cozy! We enjoyed the single bedroom room and felt right at home. Denise knows the surrounding area and can keep you in the loop on the best places to visit and EAT.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AliciatheQueen
Denise L, Owner at Painted Sky Inn, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
I so enjoyed having you all here the first time and have just had the pleasure to have you back a second time to celebrate your 1 year anniversary. Congratulations and thank you for picking us for your special occasion. I'm so thrilled that you love the place. I look forward to having you back and thank you so much for giving us a great review! Denise
Bryan, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Denise was the perfect host. She was waiting for me to arrive when we first got there. During our stay she was genuinely concerned that everything was taken care of properly. She was cleaning and working around the property constantly while we were there. She even provided marshmallows and roasting sticks at the campfire in the evening.

The rooms were nice and clean the beds comfortable. The appliances in our room were new. Be aware that the water is very salty so you need to bring water even for brushing your teeth. There is not a store close by so this is a must. There is a nice size fridge in the room (no ice maker but ice trays). There is a small charcoal grill out back and a larger one in the common area. If you want to grill bring briquettes and lighter fluid. We cooked our fish on the grill and feasted on striped bass for 3 days. If you want to fish I advise that you research and hire your guide well in advance of your trip especially if you're going on the weekend. We had no trouble sleeping and were not disturbed by outside noise. In the summer the AC unit runs pretty much continuously so there is some fan noise. There is a new widescreen TV and satellite. They have WiFi near the office - it may not be reachable from your room depending on which unit you're in.

My only quibble was that the shower heads are quite low. I'm only 6' tall but I had to duck to get under the shower-head.

We will definitely stay here again. They even allow pets so next time my dog will get to go with us! Very relaxing, clean, quiet and on the lake - nice place to get away for a while.

Room Tip: During the summer book well in advance. The rooms are pretty spacious - I was tempted to get a large...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AgJeff
Denise L, Owner at Painted Sky Inn, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for your review and very helpful tips to the reader and for me. I have taken note and am working on the shower head issue as we speak. I have purchased an extension arm to see if that will work. If not, i will get some shower wands to solve that problem. Great comment about the fishing guides and booking them early. The best ones are usually reserved ahead of time and it's sometimes tough to find one at the last minute. In the summer, boat rentals are the same. So glad to hear that you ate your catch and cooked it on the grill. It doesn't get much better than that. I hope to see you guys back here soon. Thank you again for your time to review us. Denise
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed here the first weekend of June 2013 with our 2 younger children 6 and 12yrs old. The river is experiencing extremely low waters but this was one of the few places that still had lake views. We stayed in cabin 9 and the view from our patio was absolutely beautiful! It was also located right next to the stone stairway leading down to the lake. The cabin was extremely clean from ceiling to floor. We heard that Denise had bought the property a few yrs ago, spent 1 yr renovating and then re-opened. And she did an awesome job! New ac units, tv, beds, fridge, freshly painted walls, new floors.... faux painted concrete which I totally agreed with that. I usually don't allow my kids to walk barefoot at hotels etc. (read my other reviews) I usually let them walk around in their white socks, then I check the bottom to see how dirty they are or they let me know if their socks feel sticky on the carpet/floor. True test to know how dirty/clean the area is. To my surprise, their socks stayed white at this place! Just as important, Denise did everything within her power to make sure our family was having a good time! She went out of her way several times from booking a guided fishing trip to bringing the kids marshmallows at the camp fire. I cant thank her enough for the best hospitality we've received, she made us feel more like old friends visiting than just strangers!

Room Tip: This place also rents everything like kayaks, stand up boards etc.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mom-of-4-n-NoMore
Denise L, Owner at Painted Sky Inn, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you so much for the glowing review! I especially love the sock comments! I think about them often as I am cleaning the rooms. That is now the barometer to whether the floor is clean or not. It has to be white sock clean! Thank you for appreciating all the renovations and improvements that we made to the property. I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay here and our hospitality. It's humbling to know that people are using their discretionary income and their precious free time to come and stay here. It important to do what we can to make your stay enjoyable since that's what it's all about. Thank you for allowing us that opportunity.
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

My husband and I stayed in the one of the double queen rooms. We took our two miniature poodles. There is a small fee of $10.00 a pet a night..very reasonable. We all enjoyed our stay at Painted Sky Inn. Our room was very clean and had a beautiful view of the lake. Each room has a windowed door that leads out to a large shared balcony with tables,chairs,and grills...AND that lovely peaceful view ,again !! They have a pier that has bench swings to sit side by side..very romantic. We enjoyed sitting out there at dusk to watch the sunset. The rooms are quiet inside. We did not hear our neighbors even though they had several children. The parking was ample.The beds were comfortable.The rooms have one bathroom with the only mirror. So, If you are used to two bathrooms to get going in the morning, I would say to bring an extra mirror. The hosts Denise and Craig were very cheerful and helpful. I would agree with the other reviewers that they made sure that we had everything that we needed. They even made a campfire each night. They're the whole package!!
This was our first time to visit and it won't be our last. We will recommend this resort to family, coworkers, and friends. We look forward to returning. Thanks Denise and Craig.

Room Tip: Double rooms have windows/door that are much larger than the singetween the single le.The view alone...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sallie F
Denise L, Owner at Painted Sky Inn, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for the great review! Clean and Peaceful is what we want to be all about! Too much noise in the world and if your going to get away, you need a peaceful place to do it and it better be clean! Thank you for find us to be just that. That tip about the extra mirror is great and I am going to put on my list to add a full length mirror to the inside of the closet door. I have a friend who has insisted that I need that and you have given more reason to support that need. She says she needs to see her whole self to make sure it's all put together correctly before venturing out. Thank you for recommending us to all your people and we hope to see you out here again soon! Denise
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

Upon our arrival to Painted Sky Inn, friendly and welcoming faces greeted us. Craig and Denise were wonderful hosts, and the atmosphere of the Painted Sky Inn was absolutely breath taking. Having arrived on April 25, there were blue bonnets that covered the landscape near the water. The grass looked and felt like "plush" - soft, thick, and welcoming. There were ducks, deer, and squirrels... The cabins were very clean and had everything we could possibly need...just such a BEAUTIFUL and PEACEFUL place to be!!!

The next morning, I found out that there was a tragedy in my family and we had to load up quickly and head back to Fort Worth. Long story short, Denise and Craig did everything they could to help me (made phone calls, went to pick up my fiancee who was out on the lake fishing when I found out), helped us pack and load up, and most importantly, were there for me in my greatest moment of need. They surrounded me with compassion and love and lots of hugs. I will forever be grateful and cannot say thank you enough!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 263Melissa263
Denise L, Owner at Painted Sky Inn, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
We are very humbled by your words. What a very difficult time that was for you and your family and I'm sorry that you have had to go through that. I hope that you and your fiance will be able to come back and stay with us and create some joyful memories. Thank you for your heartfelt review! Denise
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

I dare you to find a cleaner, neater, friendlier spot! We travel often, always researching lodging options. This one takes the cake! It was absolutely spotless. We've never been to a cleaner space. The owners were friendly and helpful. The lake view was relaxing and gorgeous. It was a very quiet, peaceful stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LSBB
Denise L, Owner at Painted Sky Inn, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
I love it! That challenge is as much for me as for the future guest. I've had a lot of people tell me that they chose to stay here because so much was said about how clean it is. That's really more important than anything and we continue to try and keep things in the condition that you found them. Thank you for the emphasis and dare! This is everything that we strive to be for you and I'm thrilled that you found it to be so. We hope to see you back and will use these words to continue to inspire and encourage us. Thank you again! Denise
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnet
Comfort Inn & Suites Burnet
#1 of 3 in Llano
The Inn at Lampasas
The Inn at Lampasas
#1 of 3 in Lampasas

Been to Painted Sky Inn? Share your experiences!