“Great burgers”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Naugatuck, Connecticut
“Great burgers”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I visit Burnet often, and always stop here. Great burgers and sides. Nice old fashioned drive-in feel. Service is very good.

• Visited October 2013

Austin, Texas
“Awful”
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

I stopped in this restaurant at 2pm on a Monday.

I waited about a minute for some one to come to the counter and take my order. The menu is posted about 5-6 feet away from where they take the orders. I asked if they had a menu I could get closer to read because I have problems with my vision. She replied, no, and walked away! I waited there for another minute or so thinking she was trying to find one in the back and I had misunderstood her reply. Finally a manager came up and asked if someone had taken my order. I replied no, she called for B to come take my order.

I told B what I wanted was a cheeseburger with 2 slices of cheese, easy mustard, pickles, grilled onions only. She repeated it back to me exactly right. I also told her I wanted an order of onion rings. B asked me if I wanted a combo and I told her no thank you, only water please. The order came to $8.43!!!!!!

I got my water and went to sit down. There were only 2 other couples in the place. There were no clean tables to sit at:(

After a few minutes, they called my number and I went to the counter to pick up my order. There were 7 onion rings in the container. The largest one was about the size of a silver dollar. I sat down and unwrapped my burger. The first thing I saw was tomatoes and lettuce. In other words, it had everything I did not want. I took it back to the counter. The manager came up and I told her what I had ordered. Her response was, "let me find out who is responsible. Oh, it must have been B. we will do your order again." She was more worried about whose mistake this was than in correcting the order. Wrong!!! Never throw your employee under the bus in front of a customer!!

They brought the new burger out to me very quickly. There were 3 meat patties on it. At this point, I was too exhausted to have them re do my order correctly. I did not order 3 meat patties. I simply removed the two extra patties. They did not re do the onion rings. They simply added 3 more small rings to the now cold onion rings.

Needless to say, I will never return to this place. I should have just gone to the Dairy Queen down the street.

Visited October 2013
Belton, Texas
“Great Old Timey Burgers!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have been a fan of Storm's since the 80's...
Rest assured, this is not a cardiologist approved establishment.
Would love to give feedback on the rest of the menu, but I ALWAYS get the Storm's Special.
3 patties, Add double cheese! Comes with handcut fries... Awesome! Get it anytime I go through Lampasas or Burnet!

• Visited August 2013
Oskaloosa, Kansas
“Storms is a must!”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Old style drive in has some great food. We love getting fried okra here. They have the best fried okra around. We know because we get it everywhere we can. Storms is always a must stop for our family.

Visited October 2012
Hill Country
“Stay Positive”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Alright, now as a resident of this area I feel like I SHOULD love this place.
BUT I don't.
Don't get me wrong, i'll eat there if I must, but if I have a choice id rather eat down the street at mcds.

The place first of all is disgusting... I don't think they have had a proper health inspection in quiet a few years.
I saw mold growing in the soda machine once.. (I'm not too picky so I did'nt complain, i drank it anyway)
Tables seem to be unkept and kinda just left alone (never cleaned)
( I normally take the food TO-GO)
Its funny because the only thing i hear about people who eat there say the same thing.
It's like they just don't care.

Now to the food, I love their curly fries and tator tots with cheese.
Their hamburgers aren't anything too special.
They taste more like grease than any flavor.

Funny enough, I want to eat here now after talking about it. I think i'm just hungry.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Storm's Drive-In Restaurant? Share your experiences!