“Old but good”

Add it.
The Surrey Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Caldwell
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed here on a last minute stop from driving fatigue. The room was in decent shape. The building is old but the rooms are adequately updated. Fridge, microwave, hair dryer in room. decent sound dampening between rooms but you can hear outside conversations as if they were in your room. For the price ($68 on a Monday evening) it is well worth it. The staff is helpful and courteous. I did lock myself out and upon requesting a new key, I heard management discussing his opinions on political issues to an arriving guest. Although I agreed with him that was neither the time nor place for such conversation as most people who arrive at a motel are road weary and could care less what someones agenda is. Anyway, as far as room value it is very good for the price. There is a restaurant on site but I did not try it. There is a Mexican restaurant about 3/10 of a mile away that was excellent with the highest priced menu item less that $11. I will stay here again if work ever brings me back to Caldwell or even the College Station area.

Room Tip: Choose upstairs if possible, the age of the building adds to the creakiness of the floor above.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Michael H

Reviewed 9 May 2013

The owner waited up late for us to arrive and was very pleasant even we were so late in arriving. The room has been redone and updated. And talk about clean! The room is cleaner than any I have ever stayed in. This is definitely a gem in Caldwell! The hotels/motels in Bryan and College Station have raised their prices for graduation week and the drive to Caldwell is well worth it!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Bergetta1
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I recently need to spend one night in Caldwell, TX and having nver been there wanted somepalce convenint to the Burleson County Fairgrounds and th Lightsey Area for a driving event. After looking at all the possibilites and seeing a previous review I calledthe Surrey Inn. From the time of the phone call to when I left, I was very pleased. Yes the Surrey Inn is an older property, however the rooms as clean, modern and also were quiet which you do not get in alot of the newer places. I was greeted by name and show the room....room 110 is a king bedded room with new modern bathroom, two comfy chairs, fridge, microwave, alarm clock, hair dryer the really works well for you ladies and very well lit mirrors in both the bath and bedroom. The only thing that could have been added would be a radio, and most rooms have them but I was told that the person that normally stays there did not like a radio in the room...so not big issue. If you want a clean, pleasant place to stay for a weekend this place is it and i will be returning.......Oh,, and they really do have a Surrey to see....ask them.....a litlte bit more of the past. Thanks, Surrey Inn.

Room Tip: room 110 as a king bedded room and grouund floor they are outside entrance rooms but I felt safe, ai...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank bbh56260
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This past weekend I made a reservation for my sister and her family at the Surrey Inn in Caldwell Tx. It was Thanksgiving weekend and the big Texas vs. Texas A&M game so there were very few rooms to be had in this area. I did not want to send them to this old motel as it had been there for about 40 yrs. Well I took the chance ...because frankly there was nowhere else to go. I made a trip to check it out myself. Boy was I surprised..pleasantly surprised. The new owners have redone this old relic with great materials like marble in the bathrooms, new carpets and drapes and beds. I was so happy that I took a chance. I spoke with the new owner and they are still in the process of cleaning and remodeling the property. He was very nice, remembered my name from the phone and was anxious to see what we thought of the new updates. I certainly recommend this property....the price was half of the local chains, staff polite and the room was great!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank houtexgirl47

Been to The Surrey Inn? Share your experiences!