“Not bad for a budget inn” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Caldwell
“Not bad for a budget inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed here before going to a graduation in College Station. The hotel was clean and the rooms were clean. They had nice flat screen TVs on the wall with satelite TV. Would have liked more channel options for kids. The indoor pool as supposed to be heated but was too cold to swim in. My brother had a regular room and it was a little small, we stayed in the jacuzzi suite and the room was huge for only a little bit more money. Overall we had a pleasant experience and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again. The drive in to College Station was super quick and easy.

Room Tip: Spend a little more for the jacuzzi suite if you want a lot of extra space!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sabshire
abvicaldwell, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Thank You for being our Guest! All guest reviews help us to make our property even better. I appreciate your comments and will be addressing your concerns to make all of our guest's stays the best they can be!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

I live near Houston, and have been working in Caldwell since October. I was unhappy at the first hotel in which I tried in Caldwell, so I gave ABVI a shot when I returned the second week. I have been coming back to ABVI week after week because it is clean, secure, and staffed by very knowledgeable and caring people. The back doors are locked and secure, and the rates are very reasonable. I would recommend this place to anyone needing a place in Caldwell.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Joe B
abvicaldwell, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
On behalf of all the staff here, we would like to thank you for your positive feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Americas Best Value Inn. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review. All of our staff takes great pride in our property and I am glad that it shows. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Texas, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

just recently stayed here and wasn't expecting much considering from the reviews, but i've got to say this place really exceeded expectations. the rooms were so clean and so comfortable! slept like a baby! my favorite part of the hotel was the alarm clock with an auxiliary cord so i can connect it to my iPhone and listen to it through the alarm clock's speakers :) complimentary breakfast and high speed wifi connection were superb! bathroom was clean & it somewhat felt like a miniature verison of a mariott condensed in to a fewer than 60 rooms. definitely do recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank K_M56754
Thank you for providing such positive feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I have passed your comments along to the rest of the hotel management team, as it is our number one goal to make every guest feel at home when they stay with us. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit!
Irving, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

Worst hotel experience ever.
Negatives:
-rude staff
-cheap TV, the proportions of which couldn't be set appropriately--though you can toggle several ill-fitting dimensions (and who has 3 Fox stations!)
-dirty premises
-unkempt lawn
-no locks on external doors
-beat up bed frame
-stained carpet
-damp towels when we arrived
-no "Do Not Disturb" sign to keep the maid from seeing me naked*
-everything about it is bad, I don't have the whole year to keep listing, or I would and could

Positives:
-I am no longer there.

*Nicest person there was the cleaning girl... who was in my room when I woke up--au naturale--at 9:05 and that is a 100% true statement.

The staff was ridiculously bad. Wouldn't even stand up when I arrived. I don't ask for unnecessary formality, but when I have to stretch under the window to pass you my credit card, which you should not have needed as the person reserving my room also instructed you that she was paying with the same card used to reserve the room (a fact you dispute and refuse to check into) your service skills are nil.

Outside my window, first thing I saw upon checking out the room and drawing back the curtain, was a tacky blue house with a shirtless, hairy man watering his yard.

Several of us were staying at this place for a wedding we were attending and the horror stories were innumerable. I won't tell you the horror stories they had, but mine sounded like a downright pleasant experience in comparison.

Room Tip: If you have to drive 50 miles out of the way to stay somewhere else, do it. This place is HORRIFIC.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jared C

Travellers are raving about these Caldwell hotels

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

I should have listened to the reviews before booking this place. The only good thing was that it is close to The Summerville Lakes. The desk clerk tried to be accomodating, but he had nothing good to work with. The back doors were left unsecure, probably broken. We changed our room 3X's because the fridge was not working. The room was very small, with very little bit of old furniture. The worst thing was the big water bugs in the bathroom. I had to kill them before my friend saw them, because I know she would have rather slept in the car. I was sick & tired of moving so I stayed. Besides I'm retired military, even though staying out in the woods would have been a better choice. This was my first & last time I will use Value Club, or stay at a Best Value Inn.

Room Tip: Don't Go!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MonicaMM_12
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

there is no communication they charge your credit card for any little extra thing instead of communicating with you first before hand, than when we asked them about it they are quick to get very agressive and clearly state rasist comments hoping to cause drama so they can kick you out or call the police which is very unprofessional. If my creditcard is charged without my permission I have a right to ask the reasons why! I will never come back and wish I could give them 0 stars!

Stayed July 2012
2 Thank aadaysha
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

This place has terrible parking, management, and security. They have key card readers on the front doors that give you false sense of security since the doors on the backside of the hotel are not keyed. The back side of the hotel also is the side that faces a not very nice neighborhood. Anyone can just walk in and has full access to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank grummin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caldwell
#1 of 1 in Somerville
Motel 6 Bryan-College Station
Rainbow Courts
Rainbow Courts
#1 of 4 in Rockdale
Quality Inn & Suites Bryan
Americas Best Value Inn - Rockdale
Baymont Inn & Suites Bryan College Station

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!