“Good country cooking!”

Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Cameron
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a family style restaurant with country cooking at its best. Everything cooked like grandma's house. Homemade desserts, homemade rolls or cornbread when available. Only 3 miles outside of Cameron. Worth the trip off the beaten path to come have a Homestyle country meal at a reasonable price. Chicken fried steak is one of our most requested.
“Good country cooking!”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Good comfort food in a country cafe. I had chicken and dumplings, mashed potatoes, green beans, and squash casserole. Twice what I could eat. The place is small, so arrive early. It was filling up when I left. Run by Sissy and her daughter. Very nice friendly people.

Visited February 2014

“Unexpected delight!”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We followed the reviews here and decided yo take a chance...and I am glad we did. The menu is different every day, and from the other reviews, I had already decided that I was going to try the chicken and dumplings. Alas, they were not on the menu today, but the chicken fried steak was and it was DELICIOUS. None of that frozen patty or chain restaurant style junk. It was amazingly good. My husband got the country fried steak...very similar but with less breading. The fact that this place knows there is a difference shows that they know southern cooking. For our kids, they made cheeseburgers and fresh french fries. And dessert, at only $1 per person, we each got a helping of yummy banana pudding. Deelish.

Try it out. Just know that it is literally in the middle of nowhere. It is surrounded by farmland and grazing cattle. You would never expect to find a restaurant out here, much less one with great food, nice folks, and a cute country atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
Katy, Texas
“Still Amazing!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Since my previous visit, I have been trying to find an excuse to go to Cameron so I can have a meal at Sissy's again.
Once again, Sissy came through with flying colors!

I tossed the diet out the window and ordered the Chicken and Dumplings and had the cherry-apply cobbler for dessert. Yum...

The place has so much personality and the food is scratch-made delicious.
A trip to Cameron without stopping here would definitely be less than complete.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank JJtraveler65
“Great place to eat in the country!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We were meeting our son for lunch and I found Sissy's on Trip Advisor. I was glad that I did! We took a short drive out of town, admiring the scenery. We arrived and walked into a quaint old saddle shop. We sat down and the menu was posted on a chalk board. We all had chicken fried chicken or chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, green beans and salad. Also enjoyed the lemonade served in large mason jars. The ladies working there were very friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal!
We got all the way home and I realized I forgot my cell phone and Karen met me in Rockdale and brought me my phone. You cant ask for a nicer person that that :) We will be back to meet our son who is in college in Waco, for lunch again!

• Visited September 2013
Midlothian, Texas, United States
“A great find”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband & I stopped by on a drive back home & we can't wait to go back! Great food & even greater people! I've told everyone I've talked to about it. We had the Sunday dinner. It was pulled pork, coleslaw, macaroni &cheese, potato salad, baked beans, sliced tomatoes, rolls, & peach cobbler. Oh, my, goodness!!!! Delicious!!!

Visited July 2013