“a rip off”

Budget Host Inn & Suites Cameron
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cameron
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Do not stay at this hotel unless you want to get to lose money. I was told at check out that the statement I was given was all I needed to pay. Yet when I got my credit card bill the amount was double what it was on the statement. When I called about it I was given the run around. I am trying to contact the main office but am having difficult getting the main number. I will never stay at any of the budget host inns and will certainly not recommend them to anyone.The service was also medicore at best.

Room Tip: don't choose this Inn
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Lee H

Reviewed 1 August 2013

7/23-7/25-I stayed here last week on a business trip. Nice, clean hotel. There was what appeared to be a red stain on carpet in the room close to the sink...kinda creepy...I walked around in slippers and didn't step on that spot! Overall, stay was nice. Staff was friendly. A/C was great. Would stay again if necessary. Even though I didn't go to breakfast, the breakfast area appeared to be very nice and clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kelley4110
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We took a chance and decided to try Budget Host in Cameron,TX.What a great find . Everything that supposed to be there was there, the employees were very helpful and kind,food was great but the room was immaculate. We even checked the corners of bathroom and the entire room, not even dust. We had a good night rest and felt secure.We would return without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

The check in went fairly well. The room was nice. Not worth what I paided.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Iasf your have a need to visit Cameron, TXlan to stay here. he facilitates are simply superb and the hotel is spotless. I fact, I ran my a finger along pipes in the stairwells - not a spec of dust! This I hotel is truly a jewel at bargain price; I reccoment it highly!

Room Tip: End of hall was terrific
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The first room they gave me half the lights didn't work, the second one the TV didn't work. So I just decided to try down the road. Found another motel, cheaper room where everything worked. Hopefully they fix the little maintenance issues if I decide to give them a try again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Pleasantly surprised with my stay here. The hotel in general and the room was clean and well cared for. The room had a flat panel TV, small fridge, and microwave. The mattresses are not pillow top so were a bit stiff for my taste. The room was very quiet. The continental breakfast was available until 9am and included waffles and biscuits & gravy. We didn't have an opportunity to use the pool but it was crystal clear and clean. If I am ever passing through the area again I would not hesitate to stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Trek25

Been to Budget Host Inn & Suites Cameron? Share your experiences!