Holiday Inn Express Canyon
US$89
SleepInn
US$131
US$138
All reviewscollege campuscinnamon rollsroom was cleanfree breakfastminute driveking suitenice breakfaststayed here for one nightwould stay here againnice hotelthe staff was friendly and helpfulshower headtop floorfront desk staffindoor poolpleasant stayeasy access
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The manager, Angel Torres, was disrespectful and rude. When I went to check in he did not have the room I had reserved, with 2 doubles. I had four people with me so this was important. He said this was all he had and could make no substitutions. When I stated that I had booked over a month in advance to get this room he replied that he would cancel the room and not charge me for the night. How generous! No effort to apologize or offer any compensation. When I asked if he had any rooms with 2 beds he said they were reserved for other guests. When I stated that I also had a room with 2 beds reserved he told me I had NO ROOM and he was calling the police if I did not leave. I told him I had no other reservations and did not intend to leave. He then gave me the "wrong' room and we checked in reluctantly. I was with my guests and they all commented they had never seen anything like this. I have been a business traveler for over 20 years and neither had I ever been treated so rudely. Plus I was staying on points which shows that I have been a loyal guest over the years. He later apologized to my wife for his behavior and said he hoped I was not too upset. Not even enough integrity to say it to my face. I sent this email to Holiday Inn and the hotel with absolutely no response,

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Siena74
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Siena74,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our apologies for the issues you had with your room reservation and the service you encountered did not live up to your expectations. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were traveling as a family with my dad, sister, niece and my daughter, so we had reserved a 2 bedroom suite with a sofa bed. There was a king size bed and a queen size bed.. It was perfect for us. Close to the canyon and about the price for two rooms. Great breakfast and coffee downstairs most of the day. Just down the street from the Panhandle Plains museum, located on the college campus. It was a mild day for Texas in July but the AC worked great and had separate controls for each room. I like a soft bed and the queen size bed was pretty firm, but I didn't check the King size bed. Overall, a great stay!

Room Tip: Rooms close to the elevator are pretty noisy, so pick one on the ends.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I decided to ride to Canyon, Texas to see the Palo Dura Canyon. We didn't reserve a room in advance and were lucky to find this nice hotel. Check-in was good. The room was very clean and comfortable. Loved the shower head and the soft bed! Breakfast was good too! Definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lulu60_12
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stopped for two nights and had an outstanding stay. The hotel was spotlessly clean, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was amazingly friendly. They had a nice pool that entertained my older children and they are extremely pet friendly. It is walking distance to the Prairie Plains Museum, as well as several eating establishments. I will definitely stay here again should my travels take me back to the Canyon area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ryan H
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Got into this hotel after stopping at another Holiday Inn Express in Amarillo after a long drive. It was about 12 AM. The first hotel did not have any vacancies for one night, so she called this one and they said they had one for one night. We drove over and got in right away.

The hotel was nice and the room was very clean and comfortable. We slept well and got up and had breakfast. The staff was very friendly, the hotel was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family