“Pioneer Amphitheatre”

Ranked #9 of 18 things to do in Canyon
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Palo Duron Canyon State Scenic Park.
Garland, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Pioneer Amphitheatre”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

One of the best attractions in Texas, don't miss it, I left a foot off the ground. Comfortable seating, good views of the canyon.

Visited August 2012

Canyon
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Texas”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

You must visit the amphitheater and see the play Texas! This is a must do if you are in the area. If you are not traveling this way then you need to come see the play. The nature outside canyon makes the play marvelous! The actor and actresses are students and/or adults that are very professional.

2 Thank Tjldg L
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Texas Show”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The Texas Show was awesome. I could see it 6 or 7 times more. It has so much going on in it you have to see it again and again just to see it all. I loved the finale, a must see for all.

The Woodlands, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great "Show"”
Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

We visited the Canyon, TX area as a group of 9 on our way back home from Philmont Scout Ranch. My Dad recommended the show, so we added it to our itenerary.
We arrived at Palo Duro Canyon State Park around 6:30pm and were stopped at the gate, advised there was no park entry fee, and given directions to the theater. On the way, we stopped at a scenic overlook and were blown away by how breathtaking the site was!
We found our way to the theater, picked up our meal and theater tickets at will call - a quick and easy process, and got in line for dinner around 7:15. I would suggest getting in line sooner as the line was long and hot by then. They do have several mist stations around the reception area, but the line for dinner was missed, not mist. Dinner was very good BBQ, but be forewarned that there are very few options and if you have picky eaters, they may go hungry or just settle for bread.
The show was big, with lots of Vegas / Broadway style singing and dancing. It isn't my thing, but I thought it was somewhat well done. The story focuses on personal relationships and the struggle between farmers, ranchers, and native Americans to deal with each other, the rugged land and weather, and progress in order to tame the Texas panhandle.
Everyone in our group enjoyed the show, and we managed to hoof it out of the theater before traffic got too bad. I would recommend the show for anyone.
I wouldn't be a good scouter if I didn't say DRINK LOTS OF WATER!

3 Thank Glimfeather
Biloxi,
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“TEXAS was on my 'bucket list' and I took it”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

As a seasoned traveler, the only thing I disliked was the heat and I don't think there is anything one can do about that. I cannot offer enough praise for such a wonderful performance. And prior to the show, the country music band gave an added attraction.