“Wow!! Great experience for all ages”

Palo Duro Riding Stables
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Canyon
More attraction details
Owner description: The finest and the friendliest since 1962, Palo Duro Riding Stables is the longest running riding stable established in and around Palo Duro Canyon. One of the canyon's best kept secrets, come ride under some of the oldest and largest cottonwoods in the panhandle, water your horse from spring water coming right out of the canyon wall. Family owned and operated for over 50 years, our wranglers are knowledgeable and friendly, upholding true southern hospitality. The perfect opportunity to get together in the great outdoors, enhance your family vacation with a trail ride. No age limit! (Smaller children can ride with a parent. Some restrictions apply.) Don't forget to bring your camera!
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I would defiantly recommend to anyone. It was a great view with beautiful horses and friendly staff. It's perfect for all ages. We will be going back soon we enjoyed our experience so much. Great prices its worth every penny!!!

3  Thank Nessakaylee36
"awesome experience"
in 4 reviews
"summer heat"

Reviewed 29 March 2013

I can't say enough about Palo Duro Riding Stables. It was so authentic in a beautiful setting with gorgeous horses and friendly people. We loved the entire experience and highly recommend it for all ages. We'll make a point of letting everyone know about this place.

2  Thank Lili L
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My daughter & I travel a lot because we breed and raise Standard Poodles and Westies and deliver them to people all over the country. In January 2013 we went on a trip that took us from North Carolina our home,to Louisiana, to Texas thru Colorado and Missiouri then thru West Virginia and then home. We took my best freind from my childhood whom I had not seen in 10 years and were gone for 2 weeks. The whole trip was amazing but our trail ride with Jesse and Kristen the owners of the stables & Noah, a young guide, at Palo Duro Canyon Stables was one of ,if not ,the best highlights of our trip. I am over 55 and have ridden off and on most of my life but not in the last couple of years ,my daughter has ridden since she was 2 years and Linda my best friend rode with me when we were teenagers but not since. I am not as agile as used to be and Linda was very nervous due to being on narrow high trails but our ride was better than perfect.Jesse & Kristen are married and live in the bottom of the canyon and it is obvious they love their canyon. It has been in Jesse's family for many years and the trail riding business has been in his family for over 50 years. The ride was fun ,relaxing,beautiful and something we will never forget. The thing that impressed us the most is how well taken care of the horses looked and the equipment was in great condition. Jesse & Kristen love thier horses and it shows. My daughter and the rest of my family have been on at least 10 trail rides in differant states with differant stables and I HAVE NEVER been this impressed. Thank you Jesse ,Kristen and Noah for giving us these precious memories.

1  Thank Cynthia E
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I grew up north of Amarillo about 75 miles. I was born on my famly ranch in 1949 just north of the Canadiain canyon river country, so I know horses, cattle, and so forth. In 1965 my Dad moed us from there to Houston Tx. to start his own construction business and did and did well!
Any way I married a Woman from Philidalfia Penn. who was never on a horse in her life xcept at Penny Pac Park in the city.
Well I took her to Palo Duro Riding Stables and showed her what riding a real horse here in Texas was like and she loved it. The horses are in good shape, very tame and well gromed, and also their tack and sadles are in good shape. The guide was a great help and knew his business. I enjoyed the ride except in my eye's the horses are too tame, I like some fire in my ride but we had a great time and when we return to Amarillo we will go back there to re-visit and ride for the day. Thanks Palo Duro Riding Stable for giving us a great memory.
Sonny