“Hometown home cooking yumm”
Review of Ranch House Cafe

Ranch House Cafe
Ranked #10 of 49 Restaurants in Canyon
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Ate breakfast two days during my visit to Canyon Texas. I try to enjoy the local restaurants and hotels instead of chains. Food was served in timely manor and it was hot!!! I was not in a hurry so enjoyed my coffee and breakfast.
Recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Maybe we would have had better food if we had ordered breakfast (which they serve all day) and maybe the service would have been better if we were locals. At least they seemed to pay attention to the locals. We ordered from the dinner menu and the food was uninspired The sides were simply bad. The mac and cheese tasted like a frozen dinner mac and cheese that was microwaved and the green beans were without taste. The worst part was the service. It took a LONG time for anyone to take our order and I had to get up from my table and go in search of someone to refill my water. The servers tended to gather in the area between the 2 dining rooms and talk about how much they drank the night before and how much they were going to drink tonight. Long conversations about partying while patrons sat waiting to have orders taken, checks paid and drinks refilled. It is bad enough that the servers didn't seem to care about the customers but the party talk was inappropriate

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We do not go to the The Ranch House Cafe very much anymore. Today my family thought we would give it another try. Service was very poor and waited 15 min to get service. Made order for Open face Steak Sandwich and waitress said, "It was a chicken fried steak" knowing that Steak is Steak not a chicken fried steak. I was very disappointed. Customer two rows ahead order Steak and Eggs, but was an received and a steak. This disappointing because if wanted a Chicken fried steak I would have simply order it as such. I am unable to eat fried foods that why I go to Ranch House Cafe to get a steak.
I will not be back. The little waitress girls giggling and staring at no more than five from me was not very respectable either. Just wanted what was ordered to me.

1  Thank Julie R
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Large restaurant with big tables and extensive food choices. Good for families. Reasonable prices. Servers were knowledgable and attentive.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We were looking for a place to have a sit down breakfast while in Canyon. The Ranch House Cafe is pretty much the only option. We went the Sunday morning following a big day in Canyon (rodeo, cheerleading camp and WTAM football game) so we had to wait for 20 minutes and the service was slow. But the manager assured us this was a unique case and I can not really fault the staff for being busier than normal. We did wait for 45 minutes until our food was served but the food was great. We had a variety of dishes - omelets, country fried steak, grilled cheese, and a country breakfast and every dish was very tasty. I later talked to either the owner or manager and she confirmed all food is home cooked. The restaurant is old and appears run down (which is why some may say dirty). It is not for those looking for upscale dining, but if you like homemade food, I recommend it. Otherwise, head to Amarillo.