Thundering Buffalo's Grill & Saloon
Ranked #35 of 49 Restaurants in Canyon
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Server was friendly but food took forever. Interesting that this is a dry county so you have to have a special id or something to get a drink. Luckily we were with local family. But my husband still had to fill out a bunch of information to get a beer. Food was ok. The neat part for the kids was the stuffed buffalo on display which was used in the movie Dancing With Wolves.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Bad food but nice service. The service can't make up for the food. Skip it. The location is perfect for travelers ... easy walk from local hotels. It looks nice but everything we ordered was poor. Maybe weekends are better but skip it for certain on Wednesdays.

1  Thank AntigoLS
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I had dinner here with 6 of our friends at night on June 27, 2014. We got our drinks pretty quick but the food took a little while arriving to the table. A couple of us ordered more drinks and it was over 15 minutes before we got the drinks. Our friends had ribs and the chicken tortilla penne pasta which they said was excellent. My wife and I shared the brisket meal that came with cole slaw, potato salad and beans for $13.95. We didn't want to make a scene but the brisket was tough and gristly - it looked like a steak over-cooked and cut in 1/2" strips. We pointed this out to the waitress and in her defense, we did tell her that we would work through it but please mention it to the cook. We didn't really expect any special treatment but we felt they should have said something but she did say she would tell the cook. The waitress did not offer to do anything about it.
I will NOT return this restaurant when in the area and I do NOT recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank Rodney W
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Our salads, the chips, the Queso dip with spinach, and tumbleweed chips were tasty and generous servings. The margaritas were weak, service spotty and the crowd loud. Lively place with big crowd.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Enjoyed having dinner here--extensive menu. Food was good and the service was very good. Convenient to hotel next door.