“Charming Hotel In Canyon, TX”
Review of Buffalo Inn

Buffalo Inn
Buffalo Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Canyon
Reviewed 22 May 2013

In May, 2013 I stayed at the Buffalo Inn in Canyon Texas. I wanted to see the Panhandle Plains Historical Museum which is actually right on the other side of the street in the West Texas A&M University complex.

The Buffalo Inn is really nicely decorated outside and in, comfortable, safe, and while there aren't extra amenities, everything there works perfectly and is spotlessly clean. It is probably the cleanest motel - outside and inside - that I have ever stayed in.

The price was very modest and the proprietress was very gracious. I highly recommend the Buffalo Inn.

Greg

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank garym1492

Reviewed 27 November 2012

First of all, that picture of the pool is NOT of Buffalo Inn.

The rooms are not particularly clean; there is little more than a couple of travel-size soaps in the bathroom (no shampoo or any other toiletries); the room is warmed/cooled by a horrible electric heater/AC unit under the window, but there is still a ridiculous draft; and our mattress HAD bed bugs.

This place was $67 dollars to stay at...and although the surrounding hotels were $20 dollars more, I would say it's worth the extra expense to just go somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jsleos
Reviewed 27 November 2012

A nice place with fridge and microwave, free wifi and clean rooms. Conveniently located. Certainly a good option for the area. Free coffee but few amenities. Right down the street from a new Asian restaurant that was FABULOUS!! The Asian Garden.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I am always leery of independent motels, especially ones that were built before I was born. Lately my wife has gotten me to trust AAA and most of the reviews here. We saved about $30 - $50 by staying here and were rewarded with a very clean, neat room and a perfect nights sleep.

My only complaint was the towels were thin and scratchy. But for the savings, I'll carry a couple towels and use my own. The shower was interesting, it was basically a shower cave that was kind of cool. I imagine if there wasn't sunlight beaming through the glass block at one end it could be dark, but I found the shower to be quirky and functional.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Texsox
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Just married in canyon went in just before the wedding got a room an got there. Late that night room had plenty of towels soap tp an room was fully furnished with micro an fridge new 27 inch flat screen tv the service was great the furnishings were all new great lighting new air conditioner an a small breakfast an who needs a coke Machine when all the local businesses are so close including a 24 hr mcdonalds thank you buffalo inn for a fantastic stay after our special day

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Foreverforalways
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My wife and I stayed here one Saturday night a few weeks back. We had come to Canyon on a motorcycle ride to see the Palo Duro Canyon. This is a fair looking property that has become a bit run down over the years. The guy at the front desk was friendly and helpful, but when we got to our room, there were no bath towels. The room had a small refrig, but the freezer section was completely iced over. The room was clean, but probably had not been updated since the Johnson administration. There was no soft drink machine. On the plus side, the internet connection worked, and the (old and small) T.V. picked up about a hundred stations. I guess that it was O.K. for the price, but not a bargain.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jerry A
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The Buffalo Inn is clean comfortable and reasonably priced. We were able to check in without alot of hassle and the owners were very helpful. The room was clean and neat, bathroom was also very clean. My only complaints would be that the door had a large gap at the bottom so when an extremely inconsiderate Harley owner started his bike & let it "warm up" at 7:00 in the morning, the fumes came right in our room. Also, the owner called us at 10:00 to "remind us" that check out was at 11:00. Not a big problem but we felt as if he was trying to tell us to "get out".

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loreata
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canyon
Best Western Palo Duro Canyon Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites South -- Amarillo
Sleep Inn & Suites West Medical Center
My Place Hotel-Amarillo, TX
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo South
Home2 Suites By Hilton Amarillo

Been to Buffalo Inn? Share your experiences!