Best Western Palo Duro Canyon Inn & Suites
US$82
US$125
US$115
Agoda.com
All reviewspanhandle plains museumbest westernsstate parkceiling fanroom was cleanwafflesplace to stayshort driveking suitetwo night staythe breakfast areawest texasnice hotelstayed nightsbiscuits and gravynice stayhot breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was by far the cleanest hotel I have stayed in. It was spotless. I had also forgotten my pillow from home and was not happy about the sleepless night ahead of me. Hotel beds and pillows are always the worst. But I was pleasantly surprised at the comfort of both! Slept fine. The breakfast was great, eggs, tater tots, sausage, biscuits and gravy, Texas shaped waffles and more. Even the coffee was good. My daughter attends WTAMU, this is where we will be staying every trip!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
miss_hospitality, Manager at Best Western Palo Duro Canyon Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Here at the Best Western in Canyon our aim is to consistently deliver a comfortable accommodation to our guests the best way possible. Thank you for your affirmation.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

nice clean, quiet, safe, reasonably priced hotel - all the things that should be enough to make an excellent rating - but the Nelsons (Frances & Lee) just came through for us during a family emergency - locating left behind earrings when we left in a rush and helping us to find a better airport than where we were headed and just the care, sympathy and concern you expect from folks you know all your life, they offered such help and we only knew them from the front desk .... bravo!!!! this is the kind of people that every hotel should have running at their establishment

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your endorsement. It is always our pleasure to provide you with services based on your needs even going above and beyond your expectations.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is a great hotel near the West Texas A & M campus. Great room and common areas on the property. The place is really clean and cared for throughout, and smells nice all the time! The breakfast was really nice with a great selection. I was impressed by the professional and friendly staff. I consider this to be the best of any Best Western properties I have stayed at anywhere. Highly recommend staying here when in the area. There is a great restaurant called " Thundering Buffaloes" next door that I enjoy alot while in Canyon!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2014

this hotel is very well kept.it means alot, when traveling, to be able to trust that the hotel will be a clean, friendly place. this is. the room was a good size and everything was in order.the staff was friendly. there is arestaurant, right next door. you can walk to it.i would recommend it and would stay there again. we went to palo duro canyon. it is just right down the road from here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
miss_hospitality, Manager at Best Western Palo Duro Canyon Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Please accept our sincere thanks for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Our staff will always do everything possible to merit the confidence you have shown us.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Beware that they do not honor the rate if you book online. I researched the their online rates before I called. I called bc we had a wedding room block there and wanted to see if the price was cheaper with the room block price. It wasn't. When I asked the front desk guy why the prices were cheaper online he proceeded to get an attitude with me and told me he doesn't know about the price being cheaper online and that they have nothing to do with the prices online; that Best Western corporate offices post the online rate and that is not their true rate. So I asked what would happen if I booked online. He told me in a "I dare you to do it" tone - "Go ahead, but when you check in here we will charge you our rate." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I asked to speak to a manager and he said that their managers are rarely there and I could call back in 4-5 days to TRY to talk to a manager. No thanks! I called Holiday Inn & Suites in Canyon and they were SO nice. Their rate was a bit more expensive but well worth it to not deal with this shady hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah P
miss_hospitality, Manager at Best Western Palo Duro Canyon Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

I apologize for your experience. We do honor rates that are being published on the bestwestern.com site. This was just a misunderstanding on the part of the staff. The rest of the bookings we got for the particular event you referred to did not have any problem about getting the rate we promised we would give them as a group. Again my sincerest apologies.