“Clean hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Canyon
The Woodlands, Texas
“Clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

Clean hotel for the area without traveling to Amarillo. Not a very good breakfast, but I would stay there again. Very accommodating staff & housekeeping was prompt.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

Reservations were made for 3 rooms, only 1 was actually reserved and the hotel was now full. The elevator carpet was FILTHY! There were large stains on room carpet and furnishings. Complimentary lotion had been used! Towels and rags were like sandpaper. No manager was on duty when we checked in or out. We will NEVER stay here again and will share our experience with everyone we know. The local managers nor corporate managers care because they know they will always be busy with Palo Duro Canyon and the college nearby. Let me recommend the Buffalo Inn about a mile further down the road. NEVER STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2009

Stay away from this motel. We made reservations there last March for a spring break trip. When our travel plans changed, we cancelled our reservations within the allowed time, but the charges still showed up on our credit card bill. Repeated calls to the management have been unreturned and Best Western Corporate isn't the slightest bit interested in helping us resolve it. Try the Comfort Inn Suites on the south side of Amarillo if you are planning a trip to the Canyon. Clean rooms, good service, good access the the highway.

Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2009

Terrific location next to West Texas A & M University, & easy drive to Palo Duro Canyon. Hotel is spic & span, room was immaculate w/ microwave & fridge. Only drawback was a loose railing at the hot tub, & the hot tub water had a slightly oily feel. Buffalo's Restaurant is right next door & is very good. Altogether a great location & a definite stay-again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Midland, Tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2009

My husband, grown daughter and I stayed at this hotel Aug. 6 and 7, 2009. We had a reservation at another place and it was so nasty and smelly we just couldn't stay there. We went over to the Best Western and were extremely lucky to get a room for my daughter and another for us because it was orientation week for the college. Bianca was so helpful and courteous in helping get us located. The room was very well appointed and enjoyable. Everyone was friendly and courteous. There was a decent variety of choices for breakfast. We definitely will ALWAYS stay there when passing that way again.

Kay Dodson, Midland, Texas

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Trophy Club, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2009

I had booked this hotel as a stopping point on my way from Dallas, Texas to Red River, NM...about a 12 hour drive total. On the way to Canyon from Dallas, the weather turned bad and we were forced to stop in another town where we stayed in another Best Western. I called ahead beginning at 8:30pm to let them know that we would not be able to make it due to the weather. They could not take my call at that time because they had a line in front of the desk, and told me to call back in 30 minutes. I called back, and they could not take my call again. This cycle continued until 12:30am.

The next day, I found that my credit card was charged for the entire amount of my stay. When I called to speak to the manager, he told me that they were unable to rent out the room and that was why I had been charged. When I questioned why they had not been able to rent out the room when they had a line in front of the desk waiting to be checked in for four hours straight, I was informed that those were people that already had a reservation that were checking in. I'm not sure about anyone else, but that seems pretty fishy. So, if you want to avoid rude management, stay away from this hotel.

Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank CWoodard
san angelo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2008

One of the worst motel experiences I have had to date.Our reservation was changed by someone else and we were charged as a no show. The owner was unwilling to admit that a mistake had been made. He caused us to wait at the desk for a long time and then told his staff by phone that nothing could, would be done. There was another couple there at the same time, with the same last name and the mistake was obvious to all, except the property owner. I don't hae much of an occasion to travel to Canyon on a regular basis, but if the trip were to happen I would not consider staying on this particular property. Remeber, if you make reservations with the propery directly, you have no recourse should a problem arise.

• Disliked — management attitude
Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SanAngeloBobby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canyon
Comfort Suites South -- Amarillo
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#6 of 73 in Amarillo
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo South
Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Amarillo West
Home2 Suites By Hilton Amarillo

Been to BEST WESTERN Palo Duro Canyon Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!