“Good food, high prices”

Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Good shrimp in a delicious sauce constituted the Cajun Shrimp Meal. The 5 shrimp cost over $10, a high price for someone from Louisiana to pay for so few shrimp. But I enjoyed the service and the ambiance. Good place to go on a Saturday night.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Ok, I am a Texan. Yes I love my chicken fried steak, cream gravy and all the rest. I have had the pleasure of trying chicken fried steak all over Texas. Amarillo, Midland, Dallas, Austin, Houston and everywhere in between. Imagine my surprise when my bride of 30 years and I decided to try a local place and they offered a Chicken Fried Rib Eye Steak. Naturally I could not resist. After all chicken fried steak made from hand cut rib eye??? How could I refuse? Well since, what I refer to as my "DAY OF ENLIGHTENMENT" , we have returned to get lucky at Lucky's several times. The only thing that Lucky's could do better is to offer home made yeast rolls, hot of course. Culinary heaven for a Texan. Try it and see if you agree. Warning...if you have high cholesterol issues you WILL have a cholesterol spike. But your taste buds are gonna love you.

1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We did dinner with friends at Lucky's right across from our accommodations in Canyon Lake, Texas. We decided on an outside table since the inside bar scene was a little bit noisy. Actually, there are 2 levels outside. We were on the lower level, just below the band. We thought that this could really get noisier, but it really wasn't bad. The band was pretty good and playing some light Texas rock. I had Lucky's Cobb Salad. It was good and reasonable.

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

We went to Lucky's after a long drive & it was within walking distance of where we were staying. Food was reasonable & well priced for what it was. I asked for a particular cocktail & although they had never heard of it, the servers went away & looked it up. No complaints - just a reasonable night out with well priced food

Reviewed 29 July 2013

They stop serving food way to early with the atmosphere they have. I do enjoy their wings but their management is terrible.

1  Thank B G