Staff was friendly enough but it doesn't make up for the lack of cleanliness, functioning and
working needed things in cabin # 11. Here is a list of common things you would expect to work
and give service to you.
1. air conditioner was behind TV, hard to get good air flow
2. there was no cookstove, only a microwave, but because of position of micro you could only open it a little because it opened against the fridge.The shelf it was on was held up by an old broom or mop handle.
3. There were no micro dishes, bowls and etc. to even use if we could have used it.
4. The towel rack by bathroom sink would not stay in the wall.
5. Shower was full of bugs (rolly polly bugs.) . Fleas or some kind or small bugs, insects was in bed. (not bed bugs)
6. No pad or rug inside to clean feet and keep out leaves and dirt.
7. No broom to sweep out bugs and leaves. Bugs came in under the door, squish at night time.
8. The toilet flushed really slowly- had to flush 2 -3 times to complete flush.
9. Blinds were difficult to raise and lower, they would stick.
10. Refrigerator was slow to get cold and when it did, it froze the food.
11. The chairs at table had crack in the back and the rungs were out of holes.
12. There were cords and surge protectors running all over the floor between bed and the chest of drawers. This was a tripping hazard not to mention too much on one cord.
13. Had only one lamp in dining, bedroom area. The ceiling fan above bed had a light that
didn't work, so the handyman came to change the bulb and found it was an electrical wiring problem. He went and got us another lamp and a bar stool to sit it on for other side of bed.The front porch light switch didn't work either. (electrical problems again.)
14. Cabinets under sink and the pots and pan area were very dirty. (not even sure why there
were pots and pans as there was no way to use them. Asked about another cabin that had a cook stove and was told that the large one that sleeps 8 to 10 had one, but they were having a reunion.
15 On phone spoke with someone who told us the grocery store and restaurants were only
about 3 or 4 miles away - very misleading, they were much much farther than that. We spoke of getting groceries and etc. and nothing was said about no stove and etc. only that we should
bring our own charcoal. ( we thought you meant if desired to use the outdoor cooker.)
16.Told them we were coming to fish and nothing was said about the water being low and that it could not be easily reached. (again site was very misleading to us, confusing. We had to crawl down a steep embankment about 50 ft. to even get close to the water - not very safe, I almost fell in water.
17.Closet space in bathroom was only about 3-3/12 ft. tall - clothes drug on floor. 2 hangers
18.. No where on site does it say to bring linens for bedroom, bath and kitchen. We only found
out by making a call to check on some other things.
This was meant to be a birthday and mother's day outing. How awful and terrible ruining my husband's gift to his wife. We forced ourselves to spend one night as it was already late and nothing else available. We arrived late Friday afternoon and left early Saturday morning very disappointed and a little angry.
We do not understand how they can be a member (in good standing) with the Chamber of
Commerce, Canyon Lake Lodging Assoc. Woodalls, Sams or anyone else. We will certainly
not be returning nor will we give our friends or people we know a good report for them to try
this place. You need to do a lot of fixing up and repairs --take care of things - especially if you are going to rent this place out to the public. You also need to check your web sight and read the untruths and omissions for yourself. Shame on you!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The most peaceful & quite unique Cove located on the Guadalupe River at the mouth of Canyon Lake. RV, cabins, lodge, campgrounds, canoes & boat ramp. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Aaa Lazy r And r Cove
- Aaa Lazy r & r Cove Hotel Canyon Lake
- AAA Lazy R & R Cove Canyon Lake, Texas