“Delicious & Authentic”

Gennaro's Trattoria
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Canyon Lake
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated, Gennaro's Trattoria serves authentic Italian cuisine, originating from Naples, Italy, made from fresh ingredients. Gennaro's Trattoria's motto is "che mangia bene, vive bene" or, "who eats well, lives well." We invite you to enjoy and enrich your life by dining with us.
San Antonio, Texas
“Delicious & Authentic”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This family owned Italian restaurant offers great menu selections to include Seafood. To start with the assortment of fresh baked bread with their signature garlic & oil was a delight. The service was excellent & friendly. Beautiful patio with amazing hill country views. We will definitely return with more friends & family,

Visited May 2014
1 Thank JJ W
Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
JJ, thanks so much for the wonderful review! I'll definitely relay the message to my staff. Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal as much as we enjoyed preparing and serving it. The bread and oil combo is a staple, but we change our menu semi-annually to keep a fresh variety.

Next time you're here, feel free to check out the bocce court! If you're bringing friends & family, you're sure to have a great time. (And you're right -- how can you beat that view?)

See you soon!

Fort Davis, Texas
“Good Food”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

busy place, so that's a good indicator on the restaurant itself, my advice is call ahead for reservations.
God Bless Texas

Visited May 2014
Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thanks for the great rating, Bruce! I'm glad to read you enjoyed our restaurant in the beautiful Hill Country (go Texas!). We do get pretty busy, so thanks for giving other readers a heads up about reservations.

It'd be great to have you back. If you're feeling adventurous, give our red snapper a try (head, tail, & everything!). No matter what you order, though, don't miss our patio -- it's gorgeous this time of year.

San Antonio, Texas
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I were celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary. I called Gennaro's on Wed to make a reservation for 2 people for the evening of 25 April. I asked for 7 pm and they had nothing available at that time but they had 7:30 pm available. I told him that would be fine. We arrived a few minutes early and was told they didn't have our reservation. The young lady host kept checking but could not find our reservation. She went to talk to the lady behind the bar (I believe is maybe a part owner). I also went and talked to her. I told her we were celebrating our 50th Wedding and that there was no way we would have arrived there with no reservation. She only seemed interested in who I talked to when I called, which I did not know. She told me she was sorry and if we wanted to wait an hour or so maybe we could get a table. They did not try to fix their error or even try to fit 2 people in. We were very disappointed and left.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Delores M
Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Congratulations on your 50th, Delores -- what a thing to celebrate! That should have been a memorable dinner, and it sounds like it was, but for all the wrong reasons.

It sounds like this was a case of miscommunication on our end with your reservation. Our service is typically friendly, efficient, and accommodating. It's not common for us to lose a reservation, and unfortunately, when it gets crowded, we do have nights when tables just aren't opening up fast enough. We don't want to rush other guests, but the the crowd shouldn't matter when reservations are made. I'm truly sorry that these mix-ups put a damper on your celebrations, but know that your feedback has not gone unnoticed. I'll follow up with the team to make sure we're all on the same page on how to best handle mix-ups like this should they happen in the future.

I'd love to have you again to show you the service we typically provide, and I hope you were at least able to enjoy the rest of your night.

Houston, Texas
“Great Find”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is a new addition since our last visit to Canyon Lake area. We went on Friday night ( Saturday's are reserved for Mexican food) We were told by our host at the Firefly Inn that we would have to wait without a reservation. That was correct, but it wasn't long. Our wait person was adorable! They had a wedding party going on the the back room so things were probably on a buiser than usual level...but...our service was very attentive. The appitizer we tried ( Crab Cakes) exceded our expectations. It's our favorite to try went we venture from home, and our guage of the meal to come. The were very good...the lemon sause is a nice surprise! Our meal arrived hot and delicious with more than ample serving size. The highlight was the breads and dipping oil....Molto Buona! Just go....and enjoy..you won't regret it!

• Visited April 2014
Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
I'm happy to hear you had such a great time with us, Sandra! Glad the crab cakes were an indicator of a great meal to come. It sounds like you explored some tasty choices from the menu!

If you feel like reserving Friday nights for Italian food, we'd love to have you back (but we'll be happy to see you no matter what Fridays are for!). Hope to see you soon.

Genaro, Owner
Rochester, Minnesota
“Yes, worth the 5 star rating”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Not the average, every day old Italian eatery. If your are fortunate enough to have Zach as your server, let him guide the entire dining experience. Plenty of gluten free choices - rare for Italian. We had the swordfish special with blood orange demi, fresh shrimp and steamed vegetables. Perfectly selected bottle of wine, fantastic fresh salad and did pass on very tempting desserts. Good portion sizes without over doing it, again as most Italian restaurants do. Service was prompt and interactive. Best surprise, the bill for the meal was $$$ less than we would expect to pay else ware. Left knowing we would return in a heartbeat if in the area.

Visited April 2014