“In the middle of nowhere...”

Gennaro's Trattoria
Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in Canyon Lake
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated, Gennaro's Trattoria serves authentic Italian cuisine, originating from Naples, Italy, made from fresh ingredients. Gennaro's Trattoria's motto is "che mangia bene, vive bene" or, "who eats well, lives well." We invite you to enjoy and enrich your life by dining with us.
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Cruising on a Sunday afternoon out by Canyon Lake. Came upon Gennaros Trattoria. Passed it and turned around. What a find! Food was great and a good value for quality food. Had shrimp stuffed with crab in a white sauce over pasta. Hubby had the 'regular' lasagna. Bread was good enough to make a meal of. Wish we weren't so far away. Would be here often.

Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Well, I'm happy you and your hubby turned around and didn't keep driving! Glad you enjoyed the lasagna and crab stuffed shrimp. Sounds like you had a great Sunday afternoon, and I'm happy we could be a part of it. Wish you could come by more often, too, but we can’t wait to welcome you back the next time you’re in Canyon Lake.

All the best,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The special of the night. Baked red snapper for 2 ( enough for 4). Stuffed with crabmeat, artichoke, and other ingredients. The Fish was served whole, eyes and all.
Skipped the eyes, but ate it all. Delicious !! I have never had a bad meal here. But this was the best, most interesting dish I have eaten anywhere. I am a foodie too. Highly recommended. Eat here every time we are in the area.

What an honor to serve you the "best, most interesting dish" you've ever eaten (and coming from a foodie like you, that means a lot!). Thanks for that great review. I'm happy to read you've always enjoyed your meals with us and look forward to seeing you soon.

All the best,
Gennaro, Owner

P.S. The eyes aren't for the faint of heart, so we understand not trying them out. Some day!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Came here on a sunday, easy dirve from San Antonio 30-40 mins, service was ver good, very good selection of plates wife had rib eye and shrimp and it was very good prices very reasonable $15-22 range, we are in the process to make plans for a return trip to the restaurant.
Nice patio area for a cool evening .

Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thanks for making the drive from San Antonio to see us! I'm glad your wife enjoyed the rib eye and shrimp. If surf 'n' turf is her thing, we make a Manzo Portabella, which is a different style of the beef and shrimp combination that I think she'd really like!

Looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was our second trip Gennaro's after a great first experience. We have been shopping for a home in the Canyon Lake area and now that we found one, so glad to know this gem is right around the corner from our new house.

We didn't have a reservation because it was a last minute decision. Highly recommend reservations, but we were seated at the bar and enjoyed a nice Italian wine before dinner.

Once seated, one of the specials that night was whole red snapper for two topped with various shellfish. This was one of the best entrees I have enjoyed in my life and we have dined out all around the US and many parts of the world. My wife both agreed this was one of the best meals in recent history. The red snapper was prepared and served with great style and was unbelievably fresh.

All around a great night and unbelievable restaurant for being "on the lake". We will be frequent customers.

Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Wow, thank you for the kind words. Just when I thought this review couldn't get any better, I got to the "one of the best entrees I have enjoyed in my life" part. I'm honored to read that you loved the red snapper -- head, tail, and all -- so much!

It's my goal for you to feel at home from the moment you walk through the door until the moment you leave, so I'm glad you enjoyed everything from the pre-meal vino to the fresh snapper. Again, thanks for the feedback. I also appreciate the reservation tip, and I'm sure other reviewers will, too.

Welcome to Canyon Lake and hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We finally stopped in last Sunday afternoon and we are very glad we did. The food and service was great. We will be back.

1  Thank cheryl b
Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thanks for finally coming in, Cheryl! Glad to see you were pleased with both your meal and the service. Hope to see you again, soon!

Best,