“Lunch with a view”

Gennaro's Trattoria
Ranked #1 of 63 Restaurants in Canyon Lake
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated, Gennaro's Trattoria serves authentic Italian cuisine, originating from Naples, Italy, made from fresh ingredients. Gennaro's Trattoria's motto is "che mangia bene, vive bene" or, "who eats well, lives well." We invite you to enjoy and enrich your life by dining with us.
San Antonio, Texas, USA
“Lunch with a view”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Great! Lovely drive and wonderful food! Will definitely return---some of the best service I have had in a long time.

Visited July 2014
Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thanks so much for the compliments, Pat! Glad you enjoyed your meal and service with us. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Take care,

San Antonio, Texas
“First Time Here”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We met some friends for lunch here and it was our first time. We were not disappointed and hope to return. You wouldn't expect to find such fine dining at a lake and off the beaten bath of busy cities. But here it is. A must if you are in the area or even if you have to travel a short distance. The place is well maintained and has a terrific patio area newly finished. We were promptly waited on and seated. The menu is varied and we all enjoyed our choices of entrees. It is a little pricey for lunch if you are used to going to a "fast food" venue but then you don't have the service and ambiance that this restaurant provides. There was plenty of seating but the restaurant filled up fast. The food was delicious and served the correct temperature with a nice presentation. The service was very good too. Looks like a great place for a party or gathering.

Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Great food and a wonderful ambiance? Sounds like a successful meal out to me! Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm happy to read you and your friends enjoyed a great meal with attentive service. I appreciate the recommendation, and the next time you're craving Italian -- our door's always open!

Have a good one,
San Antonio, Texas
“No More Creaky Bones.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

If ever this restaurant was a lonely seafood house sitting on the hill just outside of Startzville proper, you would never have guessed it. What a transformation to a wonderful terraced villa like restaurant moderately replete with olive trees and vine covered arbors. The owner takes pride in the landscaping and it shows. The trattoria is on a short-cut road off of 3159 that all the locals know (and use frequently) so you need to be aware of the traffic that just exited the highway and may not yet have cut off their afterburners as you exit the parking lot on your departure.

A seat next to the window will get you a view of the pergola and the adjacent hillside. A very relaxing vista and perfect pre-dinner engaging activity. If you should not gain a table with a view, don't be disappointed. Once you receive the complimentary garlic knots and rustic bread slices served with herbed oil, you will forget all about any view. For bread lovers like my wife and I, this plate of yeasty delights was above and beyond . . . You will definitely want to order some of the garlic knots to take home.

All the entrees I sampled were noteworthy in appearance, flavor and taste. Out of the crab cake appetizers, shrimp and pasta with lemon cream sauce, chicken scallopini, and salmon with pasta, the salmon was my least favorite. I am more partial to mild fish flavors and this salmon had a big fish taste. The other dishes were masterfully done and I would have no problem ordering any one of them again.

Sufficiently sated by excellent sauces over savory entrees and enough olive oil dipped bread to lube bodily joints from head to toe for a week, sadly we had no room for dessert. Maybe next time . . . and there will most definitely be a next time.

1 Thank OmniEpicurean
Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thanks so much for the compliments! This type of feedback is music to our ears, so I'll be sure to pass it along to the staff. Although the salmon wasn't for you, I'm happy to read you and your wife enjoyed everything else, from the bread and oil to the chicken scallopini. I appreciate the tips on taking some garlic knots to-go, and I'm sure other reviewers will appreciate this, too. Looking forward to having you for dessert next time!

All the best,
Puerto Vallarta Mexi
“Drive! It's worth the ride!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We ate here around the 1st of July with a group of friends. The food was delicious and wait staff was very attentive. All eight of us loved our meals! Make reservations! This place is very popular and coming unannounced could be a mistake especially during peak times.

Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thanks so much for making the drive out to see us last week! I'm glad that you, and all your friends, enjoyed your meals. Next time you're craving Italian, you know where to find us!

Don't be a stranger,
Spring Branch,TX
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Italian Food!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This restaurant reminds me of home, the food is amazing. You need to try everything, don't hold back! I have been a number of times, and plan on going back for more. My favorite dishes are Gamberi Portabella, Melanzane Parmigiana. Oh, and the dessert, last time I went I had the Italian Cream cake...delicious!!!

• Visited June 2014
Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
We want to make you feel at home here, Gigi, so I'm happy to read we've delivered! Glad you enjoy everything from the Gamberi Portabella to the Italian Cream Cake. Thanks for trying so many dishes with us -- hope to see soon to try out something different!

All the best,