“Cool place to hangout and eat”
Review of Baja BBQ Shack

Baja BBQ Shack
Ranked #6 of 66 Restaurants in Canyon Lake
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were boating on the lake and decided to grab a bite to eat. The docks/slips were well maintained and easy to navigate and park. We had no wait and were seated immediately. The atmosphere was lively and the music was great.

We all ordered our food and drinks and also added an appetizer. The chips and queso were great. My wife and mother-in-law had the pulled pork sandwich with an apple slaw on the side. Their sandwiches were piled high and the pork was very tasty. The apple slaw was very lacking and dry. There wasn't any apples or dressing to speak of. It literally was dry, shredded cabbage. My son had the ribs and they were very good. He said he'd have them again. My 4-y/o daughter had the kids smoked turkey dish. It was awesome! I had the 2-meat combination sandwich. First there is an upcharge for the 2-meats...no problem. Then when the food finally arrived, it literally was one slice of brisket and a half link of sausage that were both halved. I asked my waitress if they seriously charged $9 for this entree. She said that is the way it usually comes...not sure that was the truth. She did ask if I wanted her to take it back, but I said no.

All in all, we did have great service from our waitress and our tip reflected our appreciation to her attentiveness. I do not recommend the apple slaw and definitely do not recommend the combination BBQ sandwich. The kid's meal had more of a meat portion than the two-meats I was supposed to be served. My wife's sandwich was piled high and the rib portion was generous as well.

We'll come back again and hopefully the kitchen staff will have their portion problems worked out.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

They could have a better variety of food selections. The food used to be a lot better than what it is now. The food is average and the prices are too high. If you just want to hang out someplace and spend your money, go here. We don't think its worth our time or money. There are plenty of better restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

We enjoyed our afternoon at Baja. We had a couple of appetizers which were very good; my frozen margarita was great but the boyfriend's rita on the rocks was undrinkable (and we hate to send stuff back). The people/boat watching was definitely the draw here - I won't have a problem going back next time I'm at Canyon Lake.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

The BBQ was good, nice sunset over the lake in the evening. Strange apple slaw, it was different... If you love apples, I guess it would be great, but it wasn't what we expected. Seems like a place to have a few drinks while you relax by the water.

1  Thank Hous2nTexan
Reviewed 20 March 2013

This is a great place to kick back have a few and enjoy a fantastic BBQ sandwich. They also have a lot of varieties of other food. No dress code here just casual relaxing inviroment. We will be back to eat drink and enjoy the lake