“we visit often” 4 of 5 bubbles

Baja BBQ Shack
Ranked #6 of 62 Restaurants in Canyon Lake
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“we visit often”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

take your boat and tie up here. it's awesome to get off the water and grab a bite and a nice margarita. we all love stopping by, and often come in for dinner as well, it's a great atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013

Lake Mary, Florida
“Great BBQ - Beautiful View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

We were in Texas on business and had the opportunity to take a scenic drive one day. We happened upon Baja BBQ Shack! The service was great - the bbq was really good (they cook it outside the building!) and what a gorgeous view. As we were finishing our meal, I was going to ask the server for iced tea in a to go cup for the road... she offered it before I asked!!! That is excellent service!

Canyon Lake, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible Management and Pricey”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We are locals and have been to Baja many times even though it is pricey and the food is not great. We enjoy sitting outside by the lake and having cokctails but will never go back after our last visit. This place is ran by terrible managment and she treated us with disrespect even when our bill is never less than $100. We never cause distractions but yet she seemed to think we were and basically kicked us out. Also we saw her turn other customers away at 9:45 when they stop serving food at 10. The ceviche is horrible, too limey and the fish is cut into too big of chunks. They do not serve chicken wings as an appetizer even though we are in Texas! And the guacamole or avaocado salad was way too chunky. I do not recommend this place to eat at all.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Great place! Great atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

We went with the whole family after a long day on the water & this place was perfect. Low key laid back atmosphere with great food, full bar, & gorgeous lake views. We fed 9 people (7 adults/2 kids) for only $105.00 + tip... Great value! We will add this to our annual list of places to go!

San Antonio, Texas
“Cool place to hangout and eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were boating on the lake and decided to grab a bite to eat. The docks/slips were well maintained and easy to navigate and park. We had no wait and were seated immediately. The atmosphere was lively and the music was great.

We all ordered our food and drinks and also added an appetizer. The chips and queso were great. My wife and mother-in-law had the pulled pork sandwich with an apple slaw on the side. Their sandwiches were piled high and the pork was very tasty. The apple slaw was very lacking and dry. There wasn't any apples or dressing to speak of. It literally was dry, shredded cabbage. My son had the ribs and they were very good. He said he'd have them again. My 4-y/o daughter had the kids smoked turkey dish. It was awesome! I had the 2-meat combination sandwich. First there is an upcharge for the 2-meats...no problem. Then when the food finally arrived, it literally was one slice of brisket and a half link of sausage that were both halved. I asked my waitress if they seriously charged $9 for this entree. She said that is the way it usually comes...not sure that was the truth. She did ask if I wanted her to take it back, but I said no.

All in all, we did have great service from our waitress and our tip reflected our appreciation to her attentiveness. I do not recommend the apple slaw and definitely do not recommend the combination BBQ sandwich. The kid's meal had more of a meat portion than the two-meats I was supposed to be served. My wife's sandwich was piled high and the rib portion was generous as well.

We'll come back again and hopefully the kitchen staff will have their portion problems worked out.