“Good food at good price”
Review of Baja BBQ Shack

Baja BBQ Shack
Ranked #6 of 69 Restaurants in Canyon Lake
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Beautiful view of a sunset over Canyon Lake from the outdoor seating area, good view of the yacht club. Good food (I had the two meat platter consisting of brisket and ribs) for $8.99. My dog enjoyed the bits I was too full to eat.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

My husband, friend, and I stumbled across this restaurant while exploring the Canyon Lake area. It was surprising to find such a large marina and such a good restaurant. They both had the pulled pork sandwiches - rated very good. I had a funny salad mix. It was similar to a taco salad in the fried shell but with brisket BBQ rather than taco meat. It was absolutely wonderful. The service was good and the facility very fun. We were there on a weekday afternoon when it was very quiet but from their set up, I imagine weekends are busy. I'll go back.

1  Thank sailkate
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Food is good. Ambiance is great overlooking the marina and lake. Drinks are well poured and service is friendly. Great way to spend a lazy evening with friends.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

My husband and I had rented a boat at the marina and were walking back to our car when we smelled this wonderful aroma coming from the restaurant up the hill from the marina. I suggested we stop in for a sandwich. Boy, were we surprised to find the food was excellent. This may be a well kept secret for a place to dine. I had the brisket and there was a large portion of mostly meat (very little fat). Great BBQ sauce to accompany it along with a choice of sides for under $10. I chose the apple slaw and the fries. Both excellent. My husband had the fish tacos with sides of beans and cilantro rice. He said his order was very good as well. We will return to this place. The service was excellent with the waitress taking care of our every need. Highly recommend you check this place out.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

This restaurant offered the most scenic views of the Texas Hill Country of anyplace that we ate recently while on a Texas trip. Baja BBQ Shack is nestled on a hill overlooking a marina on one of the fingers of Canyon Lake. Our server Kristen was new, but enthusiastic and excellent. Lynn had the catfish which was a large helping of nice fish fillets with french fries. I had the pulled pork with apple slaw. This was outstanding. Prices were excellent at between $8.00 and $9.00 for entrees. We found the Texas Hill Country to be quite reasonable for dining. This restaurant was a hit with our group!