“Babymoon Getaway!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Canyon Lake B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“Babymoon Getaway!”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We spent Friday-Sunday there at the Lakehouse in the Medici suite! It was the perfect little getaway before our first baby comes! The owners were great and very helpful as was Laura, she also cooked breakfast for us one morning. The B&B is in a great location as well. We spent Saturday in Gruene at their market days and had a blast. I would definitely recommend coming here for a getaway, although come when it's warm enough to swim! It was perfect weather but not warm enough for a swim in their nice pool! Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Justin R, Owner at The Lakehouse Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our B&B. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax. Good luck with the new baby and we hope to see you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Missouri City, Texas
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Wanting to do something different to celebrate my wife's birthday I selected the Lakehouse B&B based upon many favorable request from an online site. Upon arrival I was very pleased with the facility, the host were extremely pleasant and seemed to make every attempt to make our stay there as pleasant as possible. The only negative I have which is no fault of there own was that the weather made it difficult to really enjoy the grounds as I'd hoped to have been able to do so. One of the things I really liked about this facility was that even though it was secluded, yet it was just close enough to decent sized towns where shopping, dining, etc were available. Also of importance was the fact that it was somewhat secluded, it eliminated the sometimes hustle and bustle of hotels, kids running through hallwyas, etc. Great place to visit and a place I'd definitely consider again while in the Hill Country.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Texasbornnbred
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

This bed and breakfast had amazing sunset views of Canyon Lake, with comforts of home, a delicious breakfast, and great service. Justin, Jean, and Laura were at our service to accommodate any of our needs. They had many good suggestions and maps to day trips, restaurants, and scenic routes. We chose a wine tasting package that included a picnic basket for lunch. This was a very relaxing weekend away from the busy city. We woke up to a cool breeze with birds singing. There was a hammock down by the lake and deer that eat out of your hand. We will definitely return on summer to use the pool and hot tub.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Erinmo81
Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

One of the best stays I've ever had! Top notch service, beautiful rooms, amazing food, and right on the lake! Husband and I went for our first anniversary and the only thing we didn't like was the fact that we had to leave. I highly recommend it and the prices are very acceptable.

• Stayed August 2012
Justin R, Owner at The Lakehouse Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
Thank you for the positive review. Congratulations on your wedding. We look forward to hosting you again next year.
Keller, Texas, United States
Reviewed 6 December 2012

The hosts could not have have been better. We had a beautiful room over looking the lake. Even thought it was early Dec. the weather was perfect. In the mid 60's. Justin is an excellent chef! The breakfasts were out standing. There were deer everywhere at night. There was a bucket of corn in the B&B if you wanted to feed them. They will eat out of your hand.It was our anniversary. My husband had told Jean and Justin. When we opened the door to the room there was a beautiful chocolate torte, dozen long stemmed roses and a book of poetry. Highly recommend the Lakehouse for a quiet get away.

Room Tip: If available the Marrakesh. It over looks the Lake.However any of the rooms would be great.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Penny L
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 November 2012

My beautiful bride and I stayed in the Cedar Cabin Retreat, and it was awesome. Sunday when we arrived in New Braunfels, it was game time. I did not know the cabin had satellite so I was very pleased to know my wife and I could watch the Cowboys game. The cabin was extremely clean, and well maintained. My bride was extremely pleased with the ultra-cleanliness of the hot tub upon our arrival. The scenery is awesome and very peaceful. We saw wildlife every morning and evening while we were there. Monday a cold front came through, and we began using the fireplace a lot. It was great; the fireplace heated the entire cabin the whole day and into the night. Tuesday we visited the Dry Comal Creek Winery (quaint, and friendly place) and when we got back the firewood had been restocked for us. It was extremely nice to come back and already have the wood I needed to keep the fireplace going. The propane grill works great, and we used it a lot. Wednesday we did some more touristy stuff, but mainly we just relaxed as much as we possibly could. We have already discussed when we would be returning for another weekend getaway. Great experience, and wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We somehow selected this bed & breakfast from a big variety of facilities in the area. I think we went with this one in particular because it was in our target price range and the particular room we booked (the Metropolitan) had its own private balcony and hot tub. It's amazing to have access to such quiet grounds considering how close we really were to several towns. That made for both privacy and convenience, depending on what we were looking to do at the particular time. The house itself only has 4 rooms so I don't imagine it ever feels crowded. We were fortunate enough to have the whole place to ourselves during our stay. We regrettably stayed only 1 evening- next time will definitely do at least 2 or 3. The host Justin was very cordial and inviting, and accommodating to our needs. We had dietary restrictions due to allergies and Justin was very receptive to that when selecting our breakfast menu for the following morning. Our room was cozy and comfortable, and the views were awesome. Everything was clean and in good working order, and the little fridge and basket full of snacks waiting for us was welcoming. The private hot tub and balcony were a huge bonus for us. We enjoyed nestling in the blankets watching movies (provided at the house) and sipping wine we brought from home. There was also a generous selection of books, magazines, and even board games available to pass the time. Next time I will make it a point to spend more time down by the lake shore on the hammock under the big oak tree.

Justin was very forthcoming with helpful information regarding things to do in the area and directions on how to get to them all. We took a short drive into Gruene for dinner, then the next day after checkout drove the River Road over to the Dry Comal Creek winery for a tasting. I also attribute finding that little trip completely to this bed & breakfast, as it is an option to add on a basket filled with a variety of cheeses, crackers, and meats along with vouchers to attend tastings at this winery. I had never heard of this winery and I'm glad the option was presented to me; we spent a good few hours there picnicking in the sunshine before we headed home.

Overall I was quite happy we ended up choosing the Lakehouse b&b. I have no complaints to offer other than we did not stay long enough. I'm already looking forward to a time when we can return, hopefully soon.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
#14 of 14 in Canyon Lake
Mountain View Lodge
Mountain View Lodge
#4 of 19 in Wimberley

Been to The Lakehouse Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!