Hideout on the Horseshoe
US$131
  • Pool
US$119
Priceline
Hampton Inn Bulverde(Spring Branch)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$118
Wimberley Inn(Wimberley)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$156
The Resort at Schlitterbahn(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$316
Prince Solms Inn(New Braunfels)
US$142
Travelocity
All reviewsthe riverround the clockfull size refrigeratormicrowavedeckcabinfireplacefreezersuitcasestreeswoods
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2007

Just found this site and was shocked on the reviewsof this wonderful property. I was taken away with the view! Not born in Texas so this was breathtaking to us!
his is a luxary cabin, people. Yes, if you want room service by all means go to a fourstar hotel but my family and I don't want to stare at four walls or tall buildings. I was very satisfied and will pay that amount again.
Great place to take visitors to this area and impress your in-laws.

3  Thank SatisfiedJoe
Reviewed 4 September 2007

We went to Hideout on the Horseshoe for the Labor Day Weekend and had a blast! We rented two cabins which were decorated beautifully and very clean! We loved the patio area that overlooked the Guadalupe River, talk about relaxing! The staff was very accomodating, the Guadalupe River wasn't open for tubing so they were generous enough to shuttle us to the Comal River for the same price (only $15 per person) which included our tubes and shuttle. They have a fabulous complimentary barbecue dinner on Saturday evenings through the Summer. In addition, they have an awesome outdoor Music Venue on the Guadalupe River within 1/2 mile of the cabins. They offer complimentary shuttle for the Guest of Hideout to and from the venue. We went to both concerts, on Sat. Roger Creager and Sun. Kevin Fowler --awesome performances! I would highly recommend both places to everyone!

2  Thank purplepetal
Reviewed 31 August 2007

Roaches everywhere, We complained about the roaches and they gave us a can of raid. They got into our food they were on the walls and in the showers, This is something I could have dealt with in a cheap motel. Then our frige didn't work. For what we paid we could have stay at a five star hotel and been pampered.....They didn't offer a discount they said they were sorry! Well that doesn't cut it for there high priced place. What ever you do people don't stay at this place, Save your money.

Stayed: August 2007
4  Thank nicolemurphree
tiggermgr, Property Manager at Hideout on the Horseshoe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2007

I would like everyone to know that we strive to have the very best quality customer service. When we are notified of a problem, we respond immediately and take every measure to correct the problem. This group called our emergency cell phone and notified me of the problem which I immediately responded. We have all cabins sprayed by Professional Pest Control Service on a monthly basis. However, I was called at 9pm at night and my options are limited at that time. I purchased spray and sprayed the area myself and was asked by someone in this party if they could keep the can of spray. Upon leaving the guest that night, everyone seemed happy with my attempts to make things as good for them as possible considering the time of night. The guests checked out on Sunday and Pest Control were scheduled for routine service that next Monday morning. This cabin was the only one with this unfortunate problem and there are no pest in any of our cabins as of now and we strive to always have it this way, it absolutely wasn't neglect. We hope you will check out our fine property for yourself!

Reviewed 12 August 2007

Hideout on the Horseshoe is a very "cute" place and it is right on the Guadalupe River, which is very convenient, but those are its only assets. We were not told by the staff that the river was closed. I had tried to check the hotel's website link for river conditions several times the week prior to our trip but that page was blocked. We had paid a whopping $1,000 for 3 weeknights for the convenience of being right on the river. So the only asset of the hotel then was that it was "cute".
The cabins were not serviced each day so we had no clean towels or toilet paper. We were not at the hotel during the day since we had to travel to tube the upper river about 25 miles from the hotel and by the time we arrived back at the cabins, all the staff had left and the office was closed. The Hideout advertised that the cabin slept six people. One of the beds was a foldout bed that was so broken down, it was impossible to sleep on. The stairs to the two beds in the loft were so steep and narrow, one had to hold the rail tight with both hands when descending, and crawl up on all fours when ascending. My daughter fell down the stairs one evening. The air conditioner (no central air) condensation dripped right at the front door where you walk out. There was only a single lane drive down to the cabins, so if someone had stopped to load or unload their supplies, you had to sit and wait until they moved their vehicle to get in or out. When
the river is open, the price for tub and shuttle there is higher than anywhere else nearby. The staff was not courteous but very confrontational. I was very disappointed and learned that there were several other much less expensive places with more to
offer their guests that were a simple walk to the river where you can rent tubes and shuttle for only $10/person. The cabins have no carpet, no luggage racks, no blow dryer, no ice, no hooks to hang anything on, no phone, and very little room.

3  Thank SETexasTraveler

We appreciate all feedback that we recieve. However, I would like to clarify that we are not renting the River, we are a upscale Cabin Resort. We have no control over the River flow, therefore we certainly don't rent our cabins in lieu of this. Our beautiful cabins are wonderful accomodations that sit above the Guadalupe River. The River flow has no bearing on our cabin rentals since it is completely out of our control. In fact, we have many guests that stay at our property who have no interest in tubing the River. In addition, we are one of the few Cabin Properties in the area that offer all Linens, most require you to bring your own. Most Cabin Properties have no Air Conditioners, yet we want to provide our guest with the most comfortable accomodations as possible while staying so close to the outdoors. The window unit AC's have done great for our guest to keep them cool. We have the beds ready for guest upon arrival and we have extra sheets and towels also stored in each cabin. We give each guest a key card envelope with the emergency phone number for them to call after hours if they need anything. I have this phone with me at all times and respond immediately. Unfortunately, we can't please everyone. However, I know that we certainly strive to keep our guest happy at all times. It is not our intent to be confrontational, only professional and curteous as possible while enforcing policies.

Reviewed 11 August 2007

For the price of the this place I could have stayed at a five star hotel and wish I had. The people who ran the place gave excuses for everything. They certainly were not customer oriented. Be sure you get the name of the person you speak to on the phone. They will tell you one thing and when you get there it is something else. They don't check their messages. They also don't tell you when the river is closed. They don't want you to know that. The price does not change because of that either. They will take you somewhere else to tube for more money and that does not incude your tube. Isn't that the reason you book being there in the first place? They have a lot of policies and they are all about them and not the paying customer. You have no policies. We had a great time on the Upper Guadelupe at BigFoot Canoes. Also the Italian Garden is a great place for dinner and the also the pizza place in Hancock.
In Sattler Sweeties Donuts and Flapjacks are good for breakfast. Everything closes pretty early though especially when the lower Guadelupe is closed. Be sure and go by the Chamber of Commerce/Visitor Center in Canyon City, Mr. Briggs will give you lots of good information.
The cabin we had was #15, a loft. We stayed for 3 nights. It had 2 beds in a loft upstairs. The stairs were treacherous, very narrow and very steep. Only one handrail. My niece fell down them the last night we were there. She has a bruise the size of a plate on the side of her leg. The third bed was a sleeper couch, broken down and uncomfortable to sleep on. They did not furnish fresh towels unless you chased them down for them. The cabins are extremely small and they had a window air conditioner.... nuff said. I would not recommend this place. It is not worth the money. No class no service.

3  Thank TexasYoungin