“horrid!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Canyon Lake, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“horrid!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

we ate here on 10/30/12. The waitress was rude and would ignore us and our requests. The food was blah. I ordered the enchilada plate with guacamole. The guacamole WASN'T guacamole, but instead this shredded lettuce stuff with a tiny bit of avocado in it. I returned the enchilada plate only to be charged half price for something I returned and didn't eat. I instead ordered a cheeseburger. It was horrible. Very greasy. I asked the waitress for some mayo but she ignored me. I had to ask the owner/cook for some mayo and a to-go box so I could leave that place and the owner/cook actually called the cops on me because I simply returned my enchilada plate. WOW! Seriously! What a paranoid woman and what horrible treatment to customers. I was never rude to her to warrant her to call the cops. THREE cop cars showed up (what a waste of taxpayer money). My husband found out they were there for us (we were actually leaving when they showed up) and he asked that woman... "you called the cops for us returning a plate of bad food?" Of course she ignored us. We told the cops that yes, we sent back the plate of food since it was bad and the cop told us to have a nice day. Wow, I'm just totally blown away at the behavior of this owner/cook and the waitress. We were the only customers in that very dirty restaurant too. Service was the worst. Food was just greasy and sad. I'll never go back ...that's for sure!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Canyon D

Richardson, Texas
“worth the time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

a little hole in the wall but good quality food and always hot. service good. not much on atmosphere but didn't expect much either. A good take out choice.

Visited April 2012
Shreveport, La
“Most unpleasant experience ever!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

Just arrived in Caynon Lake for the week and was craving Mexican food when we saw Ninfa's Taco and Burgers. The chips were 'home made' we were told and they were so hard that it hurt your teeth. The food was very bland and small portions for the price. My daughter ordered a hamburger, cut it in half and found a hair after taking a bite. I was so disappointed and upset to have had the food and service be the worst we have ever had. Save your money and go anywhere but this place!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank purplesweetie31
Austin, Texas
“Unprofessional”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

I was craving Huevos Rancheros for breakfast so my husband and I went to Ninfa's. First, we had to get our own menus (that is how long it took them to come to our table), second, we found a hard piece of plastic in my husband's food. We asked to speak to the manager but were told she was too busy to come out and talk to us. When we told the waiter (she was a typical teenager) we would still like to speak to her, the waitress went back to the kitchen to tell the "owner" we wanted to speak to her. At this time the "owner" stated she did not make our breakfast so doesn't know how the plastic ended up in our food. When I finally, (after about 3 or 4 times going back and forth) spoke to the lady she wanted me to go into her kitchen and talk to her because she was too busy to come out and talk to us. I let her know that it was unsanitary for me to go into the kitchen and that I thought that it was very unprofessional of her to let us sit at the table without her coming out to talk to us. Especially since my husband was about to chew on the hard piece of plastic. I felt she should have come out and talked to us. It was not very busy at the time we were there. I used to be in the food industry and the way she handled this situation was, by all means, very unprofessional. We didn't ask for free food. We just wanted her to come to our table so we could inform her of the incident. The food was good at a good price. The service was totally not.

3 Thank Very_disappointed37
Kayotix
“Best eats at the lake!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2009

From burgers to mexican food, you cant go wrong with anything on the menu. Home cooked meals like mom used to make and the atmosphere is wondefull over looking Canyon Lake.

Hit up this place ASAP if your ever in the area, stop by once or three times for great food and friendly people.

2 Thank Kayotix