“Good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Startz Cafe
Ranked #10 of 62 Restaurants in Canyon Lake
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Spring Branch, Texas
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This place has been around a long time, don't expect anything fancy though. It's good food at a good price, and cash only although there is a atm outside.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank John S

Boerne, Texas
“Down home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

The wife and I stopped there today on a day trip to Canyon Lake. We were looking for a place to have lunch and their parking was almost full so we stopped. Good move.

The place is definitely plain and simple. Concrete floors and wooden tables. It was clean and comfortable. The waitress was friendly and very efficient. The place closes at 2PM most days. Breakfast is served all day (until 2PM most days)

We both had the Chicken Fried Steak and it was very good. The salad was fresh and the sides were good. They serve salad dressing in a squirt bottle. That's a neat idea. Makes it east to apply just enough.

We will definitely go there again when we are in the area.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank vhdvhd
Dallas, Texas
“Decent food, cash only, uncomfortable experience for non-whites”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I am white, but my girlfriend is not. I tell you that the people there should have taken a picture as it would have lasted longer. They stared so long and hard that my girlfriend was very uncomfortable. The saving grace was our waitress who was very friendly. My girlfriend said she would not have gone in by herself.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Steven_DFW
Texas
“Mom and pop, country diner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

Mom and pop hometown type restaurant. Nothing fancy, old building with concrete floors and vinyl tableclothes. I had the hamburger steak which was tasty and WAY too much for me to eat so I took half home with me. My husband had breakfast, eggs,bacon,etc, he liked his as well. Service was ok, nothing to complain about. Parking could definitely be better.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Canyon Lake, Texas
“Startz Cafe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

Food was average, service slow. We stopped in for breakfast one morning. Rustic historic building reminded me of my Grandmother's country store.

Visited February 2012