“Flash Back!!”

Blooms Candy & Soda Pop Shop
Ranked #1 of 3 Shopping in Carrollton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
5 attraction reviews
“Flash Back!!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This place is great! Fun for the whole family. I discovered this place a few years ago. I bought stocking stuffers. I have so much fun every time I go in.I will be visiting very soon. I've also taken friends and co-workers here.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Patricia R

5 attraction reviews
“Love it!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This place is great. I stop by on occasion for something special, to blow my husband mind with. They have things that take you back to your childhood. My children love it as well. Great selection of everything. I would recommend for anyone.

Visited March 2013
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Revisit you childhood”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This place is great. It has all the candies from my youth as well as a lot of stuff I've never seen before. Walking into the store is like going back 40 years to a simpler time and place.

Visited March 2013
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Love this place, so glad it's near my home!!!”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This is my favorite place to stop on Friday after work. I love the salt water taffy wall with all those various favors. Lots of specialty sodas and tons of vintage candy. This is the adult version of the toy store. Mtheybhave lots of good gift ideas too. Make this your next stop...keeps me smiling all week, until I return on Friday.

Visited July 2013
Dallas, Texas
103 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 229 helpful votes
“More Novelty Than Nostalgia”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I found some of the vintage flavor sodas I was looking for, like Moxie, multiple brands of root beer, a few brands of birch beer, and even one brand of spruce beer, but they either don’t carry or were out of some others. They also have novelty flavors like bacon, corn, and prickly pear. I got a bottle of the bacon soda for a bacon-loving friend who was both intrigued and disgusted by it. I didn’t see much in the way of import sodas. There were far more novelty and newer candies than there were vintage ones, so it was hard to find the candies I was looking for. One entire side wall was lined with candies, and it was fun watching little kids going back and forth the full length of the store trying to decide which candies they wanted.

I found the prices to be about twice as high as I’ve seen in similar stores, but that’s understandable given they type of “town square turned shopping district” that it’s in. The prices, combined with the relatively limited selection of vintage products, means it probably won’t be a regular stop for me. It would be a good place to browse in if you’re already in the area for something, or a fun place to takes kids or visitors who don’t often get to go to stores like this.

The store has multiple ceiling fans hanging below their lights, which creates a subtle flickering effect. This would probably not be noticeable by most people, but since I’ve had seizures that have been triggered by similar set-ups elsewhere in the past, I wasn’t comfortable staying in here for very long. If you or someone with you is prone to seizures (or migraines triggered by flickering light), this is something you might want to consider before deciding to go in.

Visited February 2013