“Good experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

First visit. Nice facility. Hotel is very modern/chic. Best deep tissue massage I have had. My wife says the body scrub was great and is looking forward to doing it again. The buffalo chicken fingers were fantastic.

Cool technology: RFID watch controlling your locker and paying for your food and services. Also the smart panel in the hotel room controlling lights and other functions in the room.

Small kids running around the spa detracts from the relaxed atmosphere. I left mine with grandma. I wish everyone had done the same. The facility should consider a minimum age, say 10 years old. I don't see why a toddler needs to come here anyway.

Large towels would be nice as well as wash cloths in the hotel rooms. The lights in the hotel room are motion activated. Quite annoying if you go to the bathroom at night and don't want a bright light in your eyes.

All things considered, worth the time and money.

6 Thank BossPlaya

Dallas, Texas
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Well...............”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

So I went here for a spa day with some girlfriends. There were some things I liked about it and, equally, things that I did not like. I believe this place is like the public baths in South Korea so I was a bit taken aback by the nudity. My dislikes:To use the the baths (except for co-ed parts), you have to be fully nude; you can't walk around the place with shoes ( well u can, you just have to rent theirs - I imagine any SPA you go to will provide shoes, geeesh); I got hand/ foot massage and it wasn't in a private/separate room, so you're lying next to someone during ur 1 hr massage ( sorry for the customers beside me b/c I snore when I get massages) plus I actually had to tell the masseuse to change the towels before he started b/ c they were damp from the previous customer; and lastly, it seems to have a diff clientele after a certain time ( creepy different) - the baths are 24 hour ( now why u would need to go to a nude public bath @ 2 am is beyond me). My likes: the hotel room ( loft) was chic; I like the food (the Korean food, cuz they have others). Would I go back? No

3 Thank ChikaLadybug
Lubbock, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“This spa is by far the best I have ever expereienced among all the spas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I am from South Korea, so I have been to many spas; well, in South Korea they are called public baths or jimjilbang. I was surprised at the size and quality of the facility. My two and four-year-old sons loved the outdoor swimming area. The water was warm and we rented a tube for them to play with. The indoor bath was clean and huge. I brought my own shampoo and soap, but the bath had everything: shaving gel, shampoo, conditioner. The food at ASYA (Korean restuarant) was excellent. The jimjilbang and restaurant area were quiet so it was nice to have a meal and get some rest. I will definitely revisit Spa Castle on my next trip to Carrollton.

4 Thank DoosanBears
Cleveland, Mississippi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

This spa is wonderful, clean, and relaxing. This place is HUGE! I stayed for over five hours and only visited a small section of the spa. The wet area is so relaxing. It's a different cultural experience (it's nude in one section), but it's no big deal. After a couple of minutes you'll get used to it. I was a little worried about not wearing footwear, but the place is spotless. All the pools are so relaxing with all the jets. I even ate suishi which was wonderful. Plan on spending the whole day there! Can't wait to go back.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank NoahPhD
Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Spa Castle helped me sleep like a baby!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I arrived just in time for my scheduled Hit Stone massage. This was the BEST massage that I ever had! Flora did an amazing job! I was extremely tight and knotted up. Flora worked diligently to try to work out the kinks! After the massage we ( my husband and I) tried out a few of the saunas. We then went to the outside pools and let the jets work their magic. We only spent about two and a half hours at the spa.When we returned to our hotel we were exhausted. This experience left us both in a very relaxed state. We slept like babies that night and half of the next day! I had a great time and will surely return again!

1 Thank Kimberly R