“Authentic Colombian delight”

Dining options: Reservations
Fresno, California
“Authentic Colombian delight”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

My In-laws, who are from Medellin, Colombia, decided to take my husband and I to this restaurant during our visit. This was my first time dining at a Colombian restaurant, and I was not disappointed. Every platter is served in abundance, each one traditional. Make sure to try a yucca and chicharron plate, which you can dip into the tasty encurtido (salsa). You can even try Colombiana, a common soda from the country. The owner even provides a genuine touch to the atmosphere by decorating the walls with traditional miniature houses, a common piece in Colombia. You truly feel as if you've stepped into Colombia while dining here.

So if you're craving a unique, delicious meal with many choices of meat and vegetables, step into casa Vieja! A country within a country.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank TravelLover322

Arlington, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great!!!”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Actually was only looking for the empanadas. I have been to Colombia on 3 different occasions. I love those empanadas but cannot find local. On the Border has them but the crust is like an apple pie. lol I was promptly seated and and actually had a very nice waitress but she could not understand english well. Another waitress helped her. I ordered the empanadas and a order of arepas which I also like. The arepas were okay but not original. The empanadas were perfect and I ended up ordering 4. lol Since I did not eat all my arepas they offered to deduct from my check. I refused it was not their fault. They also have Colombian soft drinks available if you desire. I had one and it was very good. Food is excellent and not expensive. I will go back often.

• Visited August 2011
North Richland Hills, Texas
“Soooo Goooood”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The food is delicious, specially the empanadas. Service is generally just "ok", I have never had any bad experiences.

If you want some good food, that isn't Mexican, come here.

• Visited July 2011
Dallas, Texas
“Great Food”
Reviewed 28 February 2009

The food here is amazing. We had a black sausage appetizer and then the brisket empanada plates for our main course. Outstanding! I was even drawn to the corncakes despite the bland flavor. On the other hand the service was horrible. There were only two other tables in the place and still never really saw our waitress. Maybe we upset her when we asked for sour cream, which apparently Columbians don't use. When we asked, the waitress quickly replied that Columbians are not from Central America, as if we insulted her. Well my girlfriend is from Central America and was quite insulted by this remark. So here it is: If you are NOT in a rush and don't mind being ignored but are in the mood for some great authentic Columbian cuisine, then this place is great. If you are from Central America, stay away because they don't like you or your requests here.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“the only and best colombian place in dallas”
Reviewed 9 July 2008

the only and best colombian place in dallas

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook