“Excellent Store”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Excellent Store”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Immediagely, we were greeted by William. I stated that we were looking for the antique store and he explained that antiques were every where in the store. He said he would get our samples ready. My husband tasted the sausage and cheese and said it was delicious. With my food allergies, I didn't try anything, but the food cooler looked really nice and was stocked with a nice selection of imported cheeses. He encouraged us to go downstairs to Buffalo Bill's basement. He spoke spanish to us and told us to watch our heads as we passed underneath a beam. I was quite impressed. He asked if we collected anything and we said yes, we did. We found a Mexican pottery bowl that my husband had to have to add to our collection. His enthusiasm made us want to shop and buy something. There was also really nice jewelry and other collectibles. We went back upstairs and purchased some delicious venison sausage. He neatly wrapped everything and found a box to put everything in. All during our visit he took the time to explain the building's history to us and kept us engaged. As we were leaving, he suggested we grab a couple of Chamber of Commerce booklets. He couldn't have been a better ambassador for Castroville.

The shop itself was immaculate and the food items looked beautiful. Everything was so shiny that I didn't realize they were actually antiques. I'm used to hot, dusty antique shops but instead I actually felt like I had gone to antique shop heaven.

I was extremely impressed with William and I would encourage anyone to visit this shop for an excellent and personable shopping texperience. You will not be ignored here.

Visited April 2014