“Great food!”

Cuisines: American
Wallis ,Tx
“Great food!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Carol's restaurant was fabulous. Great food and nice ambience. Definitely recommend if you are going to be staying at Blisswood B&B. Try the chocolate cake, it is to die for!

Visited July 2014

Houston, Texas
“Nice dinner at Carol's”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a good dinner at Carol's. The food was good, but don't go there expecting to find a restaurant that would get 4 stars and rave reviews in a city. Carol's is the nicest restaurant in the area. We were there on a Friday night, and I think we were the only customers, so service was great. Food was decent, wine list was also pretty decent. It was nice to eat somewhere that isn't all chicken fried steak or enchiladas, which is what you usually find in the area. We will definitely go back.

Visited July 2014
Hempstead, Texas
“Unique!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The location (Cat Spring, TX) is certainly off the beaten path, and the exterior of the restaurant itself surely doesn't make one think of what awaits inside.

The menu is extremely limited and there were a couple of items available but not on the menu. The restaurant is only open two nights a week and for only 3 hours each night, and yes, the service was on the slower side - but this place doesn't expect to "turn tables" so your table is yours for the night.

I believe your food is only cooked after you order (and the order gets to the kitchen). The interior of the restaurant is rustic but the food is excellent. This is not an inexpensive place, considering the location. Yet, there are places much more expensive with food of a lesser quality.

This was a meal to celebrate my birthday - I had the chicken piccata, Riesling to drink, and we shared the triple chocolate cake. He had the tomato-basil soup, the salmon, and cabernet. I gained 1 1/2 lbs overnite.

Would we go back again - most assuredly - fortunately I only live 30 miles away. Incidentally, the sunset when we left was picture worthy.

• Visited June 2014
Houston, Texas
“Great Place!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Charming little restaurant with the same peaceful atmosphere of Blisswood. Great food and we got to me the owner Carol, who is a very warm and truly remarkable person. Definitely recommend!

Visited April 2014
“Looks deceiving, but oh what great food”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

If your driving through Cat Spring, Texas you better keep your eyes open because you could easily miss Carol's. It has a very romantic atmosphere and the food was so very good. My wife and I are meat and potatoes people so we went straight for the Ribeyes and scalloped potatoes. We were not disappointed. Reasonably priced, I believe we paid $27 each for our meals and it was a huge steak seasoned perfectly. We highly recommend.

Visited April 2014