My wife and I recently spent two nights in the Lehmann house with our two dogs. The fact that BlissWood is dog-friendly is a huge bonus for us, because we always travel with our dogs and if there is somewhere we want to go where they can’t go, we often don’t go at all or don’t stay as long.
This trip came after my wife’s stay last month with several of her friends in a different house at BlissWood. She talked it up so much that I wanted to go too, and we had a great time! The house was very unique. With all of the antiques and heritage pieces, it definitely gave a somewhat old and rustic feel, while still having all the comforts of home! The washer and dryer were nice amenities to have, especially when travelling with dogs! We always bring several old “dog towels” to dry them off and clean their feet before they come inside if it has been wet or muddy, so it was nice to be able to do one load of laundry. I was told by the owner that the long wooden dining table was made by her grandfather and that lots of other pieces in the Lehman house were special family items, which I thought, was neat.
We brought food to cook two breakfasts, two lunches, and one dinner and the house had a neat old stove, a nice cold fridge, and all of the pots, pans, knives, and other items we needed to prepare our meals. We were surprised to find a chest of games in the dining room and enjoyed Battleship, and taught ourselves how to play Sequence! We enjoyed long walks with our dogs around the property, and also went horseback riding which was something I had not done in years! It was a lot of fun.
While it was cold this past weekend, we were dressed appropriately and the weather didn’t affect our plans really at all. The staff at BlissWood was very willing to change the scheduled date/time of our horseback ride due to rain, and we ended up having a beautiful Sunday morning ride throughout the acreage among the cows and other wildlife. One of the ranch dogs followed us along the entire trail ride! The bison were magnificent. The owner and staff were all very pleasant and accommodating. Saturday night we ate at Carol’s restaurant which was amazing too. I’m glad my wife encouraged us go stay at BlissWood together. We both look forward to staying there again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch is an authentic Texas experience like no other. Unwind in the peaceful country setting amidst majestic live oaks, open ranch land, and our fully stocked fishing pond. Choose from 18 unique Texas Hill Country lodging options including turn-of-the-century Texas Homes, a Hawaiian themed Oasis, The Enchanted Cabin by the Lake or a contemporary Texas ranch house. Enjoy simple life in the calming surroundings of our working Texas Hill Country guest ranch, where animals abound including horses, chickens, dogs, cats, pot bellied pigs, deer, peacocks, and even American Bison. Enjoy numerous ranch activities including horseback riding, archery, animal feeding tours, fishing and more! Our breathtaking 650 acre Texas guest ranch is ideally located only an hour west of Houston, and 2 hours to San Antonio and Austin. Come experience a laid back and authentic Texas experience, perfect for romantic getaways and family vacations alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blisswood b&b At Lehmann Legacy Ranch Hotel Cat Spring
- Blisswood Bed And Breakfast At Lehmann Legacy Ranch