We stayed at the Lanai House located at the Oasis which is a sister property of Blisswood. The website did not have pictures but I called and spoke with Carol herself. I told Carol, my husband and I wanted a quiet romantic getaway from the kids but we needed a full kitchen (stove) because we bring our own food for breakfast. We really enjoyed our stay and will be making reservations again soon to stay again. There is no TV, radio, or cell phone signal (if you have TMobile) which was fine. We were able to really talk to each other about everything and even read to each other from our reading material. We stayed for two nights and when we were leaving we realized we had the laptop with movies and music but we never thought of it the whole weekend! Everyone that works for the ranch is really nice and friendly. They were knowledgeable about the history of the land and the area. If you stay here, you must eat at Carol's restuarant. My husband and I are good cooks and are very picky about where we eat. The food is superb. I do not eat beef or pork so I had the Salmon Kari (cooked well done) and it practically melted in my mouth! My husband had the chicken pasta dish which he is trying to replicate at home. The fried mushrooms were so good, my husband claimed they tasted like chicken. The highlight was the dessert, Carol's has the best bread pudding I have ever tasted! We’re planning to take our kids to the Frio River over Spring Break and I am seriously considering taking a detour to eat at Carol’s again and have some more of that heavenly bread pudding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch is an authentic Texas experience like no other. Unwind in the peaceful country setting amidst majestic live oaks, open ranch land, and our fully stocked fishing pond. Choose from 18 unique Texas Hill Country lodging options including turn-of-the-century Texas Homes, a Hawaiian themed Oasis, The Enchanted Cabin by the Lake or a contemporary Texas ranch house. Enjoy simple life in the calming surroundings of our working Texas Hill Country guest ranch, where animals abound including horses, chickens, dogs, cats, pot bellied pigs, deer, peacocks, and even American Bison. Enjoy numerous ranch activities including horseback riding, archery, animal feeding tours, fishing and more! Our breathtaking 650 acre Texas guest ranch is ideally located only an hour west of Houston, and 2 hours to San Antonio and Austin. Come experience a laid back and authentic Texas experience, perfect for romantic getaways and family vacations alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blisswood b&b At Lehmann Legacy Ranch Hotel Cat Spring
- Blisswood Bed And Breakfast At Lehmann Legacy Ranch