“Definite improvements since my last trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cedar Creek
GreenLeadersGold level
Austin, TX
“Definite improvements since my last trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

I have a love/hate relationship with this hotel. It's close to home and nice for a quick getaway. I love the beauty of the area and the hotel itself is stunning. The Hyatt is isolated with plenty of pretty hiking, a great spa, golf, much of what you want from a resort. And they are quite proud of their beauty, as you can tell by the prices.

I was fortunate to be out attending a conference with a special rate. I was glad that I knew to ask for a balcony or patio - all the attendees are paying the same special rate - why do they always try to put me in the boonies and try to not give me outdoor space? From what I could tell when I sat on my little balcony later - no-one else used theirs! From past experience I knew that self parking was quite the hike - so, I came with the attitude that the longgggggggg hike to and from the self parking was good exercise - I knew to wear comfy shoes. I do have to say, they had several more "golf cart" like transports available and ready, I turned them down to walk most of the time. The room overall was clean and comfy. The bed is starting to see better days, hopefully they have some rotating plan to keep those fresh. Love the separate shower and bathroom items. Plenty of towels and a nice robe. And I was in the middle of one of the big buildings, rooms on all 4 sides...I was a little worried about noise and there was really not any noise! The only noise I heard from other rooms was some running water (shower, after flushing). I am a light sleeper so I slept well with that as white noise.

The food - The conference provided a couple of meals and all of it was tasty and well served. In addition, I had room service deliver a bowl of chili and I would consider it comparable to something I would make at home. Large bowl, more than I could finish after noshing on the free cocktail party food.

The spa - Was much more together this trip, plenty of towels, supplies and the greeter person was quite nice on the little tour before the massage. The massage....Jessica did an amazing job, so much so that I turned in early that night. And they do one of my favorite things, they let you pay after your services so you can tip accordingly. Made for a lovely afternoon.

Pet Peeve - Why is there a charge for internet service? and a ridiculous one at that? I left the netbook at home in protest.

Kinda cool - I was in one of the buildings toward the rear of the property, when walking to the parking lot I noticed a little group of animals they keep at the Hyatt. A horse, donkey, longhorn steer, and some regular cows? Just thought that was neat. And they looked well kept with plenty of space.

Overall a pretty good stay this time. Great place for a conference, you can't help but network after you navigate the 3 miles from the main road to the hotel. I look forward to next year!

Room Tip: Ask for a patio or balcony.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
lauraf00, Social Media Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
On behalf of Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, I would like to thank you for reviewing our resort. We're so happy you enjoyed your time with us and we're glad to hear it's was an improvement from your last stay. Your review is so through and helpful to so many travelers wanting to find a place to getaway and relax.

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your treatment with Jessica. She seems to be a Lost Pines favorite! We hope you come back to visit us again soon. Thank you again for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

The land and the resort itself is very nice. We just got back after two nights for my daughters birthday. We arrived on Friday night and were ecstatic. Our junior suite was connected to a double which was precisely what we asked for. The jr suite with the connecting room is perfect for a family. We opened presents and the kids were eager to go eat. We went to the Firewheel Cafe. The prices were very high for a kids meal with small portions. The kids meal will cost you 5.95 plus 1.50 for a drink. The food was good but not spectacular. My daughters whose birthday we were celebrating left her ipod touch on the table by accident. We went up to the room and immediately realized what had happened. We went back to the table in the corner where we sat and the ipod was not there. We asked the bellboys and the waiter and conveniently none of them had spotted it. The dining hall was extremely slow and there wasn't anyone else in sight of it. It is in our opinion that one of the staff had to have pocketed it. It was extremely sad since it was our daughters 8th birthday. We placed a ticket in lost and found and it was never recovered. We rented a movie (16.95) to watch as a family. We had arranged for the cookie pizza to be delivered with a birthday wish. For $30 plus 18% for delivery we felt it should have at least been edible and a birthday greeting provided. There was not a greeting nor would even the kids eat the mystery cookie. My husband and I then retreated to our bed. It was the WORST bed I have ever slept on. We both complained our backs would never heel. The thermostat also did not appear to work as we were hot the majority of the night. Alas Saturday was a new day. We had arranged for three kids and my husband to go on the zip line and rock wall tour. The shuttle was late and when they got there my husband did not get to go. They stated you only paid for three. This was the hotels error and not the tours. The kids had a great time but felt the zip lines weren't as fast as they had thought. The kids like the pool and playing horseshoes. Unfortunately the property is under a burn ban so smores couldn't be cooked up but that is not the properties rules. I am a Platinum SPG member and I travel a lot. This resort for the poor service, thiefs of staff, and bad beds isnt worth the money. We most likely wont return and will look to the San Antonio Marriott and Westin La Cantera to fulfill our families weekend getaways.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Tiffany B
lauraf00, Social Media Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
On behalf of Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, I would like to publicly apologize for you inconvenience and issues you encountered during your stay. We have already begun to address each item you've expressed and we look forward to talking with you more about it this week (over the phone). Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to regain your trust in our company and our resort. If you would like to contact me further please email me at laura.felux@hyatt.com.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

Sprawling resort in Austin with Horseback riding, golf, swimming, spa, and more. Hotel was well maintained and service was friendly. Easy for families with kids. I went for a conference -- and it was terrifically suited. Good choice for such an event.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
lauraf00, Social Media Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
On behalf of Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, I would like to thank you for reviewing our resort. We're so happy you enjoyed your time with us (even though you were here on business). We hope you come back to visit us again soon. We'd love to have you in the summer so you could enjoy some nice vacation time in the Texas sun! Thank you again.
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

In a place where pines aren't supposed to grow, there's a small forest of them and Hyatt has a resort here. Just as New England has its leaf peepers, Texas has its wildflower wanderers. In early April the area is a carpet of wildflowers: from bluebonnets to primrose, to Indian blanket, to winecups, the scenery is breathtaking. And while it's slushy up north, spring is gorgeous in Texas. Good golf course, good food, good spa. Good grief, why haven't you booked?

Room Tip: Travel in early April for the wildflowers.
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
On behalf of Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, I would like to thank you for reviewing our resort. You described our abundance of wildflowers so perfectly! We can't wait t see what colors this spring brings. Thank you again for complimenting us so graciously. We hope to see you again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

We are getting ready to go to Lost Pines for the second time. The first time was with 2 other families and we had a blast. This upcoming trip was my daughter's request for her 11th brithday celebration with a few close friends Let me just say that this resort seems to appeal to all ages and is one of the few places that my kids and husband both like. There are so many things for kids to do including movie time, roasting smores, and assuming your kids are old enough to be on their own for a bit with friends, it actually gives the parents some down time to chat and hang out with other friends. We find it's a great place to go with other families.

Despite my daughter and her friends' eagerness to go here, we weren't sure we could afford the upgraded space and meals for everyone (gives you a new appreciation for those with big families). I was fortunate to have Lee Bortner in reservations helping me. Besides being a super nice guy, he was very knowledgable and was able to figure out a way using points to make everything work our perfectly space wise and cost wise. He spent quite a bit of time on it and made a few calls on our behalf. Just super. My daughter and her friends will be so excited! Thank you, Lee! We're all looking forward to our stay, even my husband who will probably be off drinking wine with a buddy of his whose family also happens to be going the same weekend. Everyone loves Lost Pines!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lauraf00, Social Media Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 13 November 2011
On behalf of Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, I would like to thank you so much for writing about your experience. I was so excited to share your review with our entire team. We were so glad Lee was able to help make your stay will be extra special! I am sure your daughter will have a fabulous time here for her birthday (and I am sure you and your husband will as well). Thank you again for taking the time to review us. And we hope to hear all about your stay after you depart.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

We stayed at the Lost Pines Resort in a king room using points accumulated on a recent business trip. The resort has everything and would be ideal if you have children. Plus points are that the room was a good size, had a fridge, decent size TV but a few little things let it down for me. We are on a three week road trip and its handy if you are provided with the little things like a showercap & cotton buds/wool pads and maybe one complimentary water. The internet is $9.99 per device/24 hours which is a bit steep. Is is unreasonable to be able to connect two seperate laptops for the one fee? Seating in the bars was definitely lacking. We had a table but there were several groups wandering between the two bars looking for seats on the Saturday night we stayed. There are children running around even at 9pm which is fine but not very relaxing if you have come to the bar for a drink. Finally room service took ages and when it did arrive tasted like it had sat around for half an hour. I should imagine if I had bought this to their attention the staff would have offered to bring something else but I was quite tired and just wanted to eat and go to sleep. Overall nice resort, great staff but wouldnt comeback unless it was being paid for by work!

Room Tip: lower level rooms have a balcony which is a nice touch
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carouselgirl1971
lauraf00, Social Media Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
On behalf of Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, I would like to thank you so much for writing about your experience. Thank you for choosing us to stop in for a relief from your long road trip. I am sorry to hear you needed more items in your room (as far as toiletries). I wanted to let you know that we do offer man more items upon request. We're sorry there was no signage about it in our bathrooms. We're actually looking into putting up a list of complimentary items we have available for guests, so thank you for bringing it to our attention.

And yes, we do charge for our wireless internet, however we do offer complimentary wired internet in our guest rooms. We are looking into extending complimentary wireless services in the future.

I believe you dined our our bar, Shellers Barrelhouse and Bar, on Saturday night. We do not allow children after 10:00 p.m. to relieve some of the noise and keep the authenticity of the bar. We do apologize for the long wait time you had with our In Room Dining services. We would have been more than happy to make you a new plate/meal for your troubles.

Nevertheless, thank you again for taking the time to review us. And we hope you come visit us again. If you do please feel free to reach out to me prior to your arrival. Thank you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

If you are looking to get away, even for one night, this is a wonderful setting. Lots of places to take a stroll, seafood buffet has a wonderful variety, lazy river pool is relaxing. During the summer, it is quite busy - lots of family/children and activities to keep everyone occupied. We usually do weekend stays. Our room(s) have always been spotless. Service has always been excellent. No complaints.

Room Tip: The Governor's suite is something! Room with a view of the river was also quiet.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lauraf00, Social Media Marketing Coordinator at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
On behalf of Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property and your experience with us. We're thrilled to read you enjoyed your visit. We're very happy to read your kind words about our service, rooms and food. Thank you again and we can't wait to welcome you and your friends again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedar Creek
#5 of 197 in Austin
JW Marriott Austin
#15 of 197 in Austin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,197 reviews

Been to Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!