I took my family down to Lost Pine in early August. In addition to my wife and myself, we have a 4 year old sonand an 8 months old son. We had a great time. Starting with check in. Everyone did what they could to accomodate us. At no time did we ever feel like we were the annoying people with kids. This resort is setup for families and kids. They go out of their way to make sure that we felt comfortable. I highly recommend that you stay here if you have a young family. Other reviews have other details, so I'd like to outline a few of my own....
- They do not nickel and dime you there. So many of the activities are "free". The bigger activities, like horseback, archery, etc, cost you, but arts and crafts, pics with the longhorns, smores, movies on the grass at night....all free.
- The restaurants are all very kid friendly, except the higher end one, which we didn't go to. In the morning, the breakfast buffet was great. It's $19.50 for adults, which is steep, but free for kids 5 and under and $7 for kids 6-12. Over 13 is an adult charge. So, that is relatively reasonable for them to do.
- Smores are night and the movie on the lawn was awesome. It was very comfortable and everyone had room.
- The pool is really great. Might be a touch overcrowded, but it was to be expected. The pool staff was also very attentive with food and drink (although it's pretty expensive down there).
- Bikes are free for 1 hour per day. Honestly, ride for an hour, then give them back. There isn't that much area to ride anyway.
- Try and stay in a room that is away from the pool area. Basically stay on the other side of the resort. All of the activities are on one side of the resort. It is much quieter on the other side of the resort.
All in all, I would go there again with my family. Everyone treated us well. We did not have a single off putting experience with anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 492 room resort located 17 miles from Austin offers chapionship golf, exquisite dining, outdoor adventure activities and full spa service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Lost Pines Resort
- Lost Pines Bastrop
- Hyatt Cedar Creek
- Lost Pines Resort Bastrop Texas
- Lost Pines Hyatt