“Just a road trip”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Cedar Park
Houston
“Just a road trip”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I loved this centrally located hotel for shopping and general sight seeing in Austin. No, it's not in the middle of the whole 6th street experience. It's on the North side of Austin but everything convenient is close by. Staff was super friendly and helped with anything I needed. Free wi-fi a plus. It was very inexpensive!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

generalmgr057, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin N-Cedar Park, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest

First of all thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to the area. I was pleased to read that you were happy with the location of the hotel, rooms and friendly staff. Our goal is to provide the best customer service possible to ensure each guest has a awesome stay. Also, thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. Hopefully if you are in the area again you will consider staying with us.

Don

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I live in hotels for work. The staff is friendly and helpful, free laundry, clean rooms. only 4 stars because no pool, and exercise equipment needs some attention and repairs, otherwise all good. Very close to other stores with little commute time.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Ron B.

Thank you for completing a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you were completely satisfied with the room and staff. As you mentioned we don't have a pool but are guests are allowed to use the Holiday Inn Express pool located right beside our property since we are owned by the same company. I apologize that you weren't told this during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again if you are ever in the area.

Have a great day!!

Don Simmons
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I received this property via a Priceline "express deal". The price was less than the rack rate, but was a bit higher than usual due to multiple events taking place in Austin over the weekend. I consider the price I paid when evaluating the overall value.

Service: Excellent. The front desk clerk was quick, very nice and seemed to enjoy what she was doing. I was allowed to check-in about two hours early.

Room/Facility: Very good. The room was more upscale than any Extended Stay America I've ever stayed at. The pillowtop bed was very cushy; if you like a soft bed you will be in heaven. The room was clean, and everything worked. Two complaints regarding the facility - 1st, the noise level coming from adjacent rooms and the room above mine was excessive. The walls are paper thin it seems. And 2nd, I could never find a luggage cart when I needed one. I'm not sure if there is only one, or if people hog them, or what, but the lack of one was a slight inconvenience.

Location: Excellent. The property is in a great area, across from the 1890 Ranch mall, which includes a Super Target, Starbucks, and many more stores. Gas stations and popular restaurants are also nearby. It's a safe area. The hotel is set back from the main road a bit, so exterior noise is not a problem. There is more than enough parking in the lot.

Misc: The Candlewood "Cupboard" (room with food / toiletry items for sale) is convenient, and has a good selection of items.

Overall, I was very happy with this property considering the price paid. It is definitely the best of any extended stay type places I've experienced. That said, it's not the best place I've stayed at for the price, but it is far above average and I think most folks will find it quite acceptable.

Room Tip: Walls and floor boards are thin, and noise travels easily. Request a top floor room to reduce likeli...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
generalmgr057, Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin N-Cedar Park, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dave C., Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review. I'm so happy to hear that you were pleased with so many aspects of our property. We are very proud of our facility and always like to hear that reinforced from our guests. I am, however, very sorry to hear that the noise level was a little too high for you in your room. We do our very best to make sure every guest has a quiet night's rest. If you happen upon our property again please contact us immediately if there are noise issues during your stay. We never hesitate to do what we can to make every guest's stay an enjoyable and peaceful one. I do apologize for the lacking luggage carts. Occasionally guests leave them in their room and we find ourselves limited of their availability. I hope that you will choose us again the next time you are in the Cedar Park area.

Pamela Polster
Danville, Virginia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My team and I stayed at the Candlewood for 3 months while working on a job. We had 3 rooms and we were very pleased with the size of the rooms. The kitchens were very nice and saved additional food expenses. The rooms were always clean. The most important thing was the friendliness of the staff and the way they make you feel at home. We would definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

generalmgr057, Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin N-Cedar Park, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Steve,

We always enjoyed having you as our guest. Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm so glad we could make your stay convenient and enjoyable. Come back and see us. Thank you so much for the business that you and your team provided. We love getting to know our guests.

Leander, Texas
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at the hotel for about 6 weeks while my house was being repaired due to water damage. Its always difficult to stay in a hotel for so long after having a home but the staff and spacious rooms made our stay much better than we expected. We got to know the staff who obviously work very hard to provide customer service, they were there to answer any questions. In addition, the rooms were always very clean. While they were only cleanedonce a week due to extended stay which is normal it did allow for privacy.

Room Tip: Very close to nice restaurants and shopping
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

James,

We are so happy to hear the great comments about our property and staff. Our friendly guests give us reason to enjoy our job and the people we have the opportunity to meet. I hope that the next time you stay at our property it is not due to house repairs but maybe a fun getaway!

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night and were amazed at everything included in the room. Stove, full size fridge, microwave, pots and pans, cooking utensils, silverware, etc! I talked to the front desk staff and she said that soon they will have a lending locker with things like a blender and even an xbox! The rooms are very spacious and clean as well. Overall great experience! Would recommend, and will be staying here again!

The only bad thing I can think of was the pillows were a little flat for my taste, but I'm picky when it comes to pillows.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Mr. Spencer,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do try to have everything our guests might need while away from home. We hope that you will choose the Cedar Park Candlewood again the next time you are in the Austin area.

Salem, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 December 2013

In a suite you can create a home away from home. Sort of. Any future stays I would take a room on top floor as it eliminates any sumo wrestler from walking around on top. Also the first floor rooms gather all traffic hall noise. The rooms are clean and complete. Colors are muted and tend to create a quiet mood. Refrigerator in my room was a bit noisy? It was good being able to cook breakfast in my room.
Equipment in workout room needs repair.
Staff were friendly.

Room Tip: If driving bring a toaster oven if you are staying a week or more.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
generalmgr057, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin N-Cedar Park, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing a review regarding your stay. With feedback from our guests we are able to recognize areas of improvement and take corrective action to resolve the concerns. I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for being part of the Cedar Park Candlewood Suites family. I apologize that you experienced the noise problem from the room above you. If you contacted the front desk regarding the concern I hope steps were taken to improve the noise level. In the future if you have any noise problems or any concerns please notify the front desk immediately so we can resolve the problem. In this case we would gladly move to the guest to the upper floor. Again, I apologize for the noise you experienced.

I hope you had a Happy New Years and wish the best for you and your family.

Don Simmons
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedar Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin - Cedar Park
Comfort Inn Cedar Park
Comfort Inn Cedar Park
#4 of 8 in Cedar Park
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cedar Park (NW Austin)
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Austin Cedar Park
Best Western Cedar Inn
Best Western Cedar Inn
#2 of 8 in Cedar Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton - Austin/Cedar Park

Been to Candlewood Suites Austin N-Cedar Park? Share your experiences!