“NOT THE BEST EXPERIENCE”

Candlewood Suites Austin N-Cedar Park
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Cedar Park
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Upon arrival to our room, the a/c did not work and the room smelled horribly musty. I tried calling the front desk on both phones in the room and neither phone worked. I had to go back down to the main lobby and report our issues. The clerk came up to verify then asked us to come back downstairs with out luggage to be put in another room, which we did. Not the most convenient thing to do after traveling all day. At checkout, I dropped off card keys and was never given a receipt. I checked my credit card statement online and realized they charged me up front an extra $20 for incidentals, which they never disclosed they were doing. I called the hotel and Randy said this is hotel industry standard. My point is though in her opinion it is industry standard to charge, then credit for incidentals not used, you ALWAYS DISCLOSE. Major fail for this hotel. I would never stay at this Candlewood Suite hotel or any other Candlewood Suite.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel whatsoever.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
generalmgr057, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin N-Cedar Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Denise

First of all I want to apologize for the problems that you experienced when you arrived in your room regarding the a/c unit and the phones, which is totally unacceptable. With the a/c unit not working properly and the Texas heat this resulted in the musty smell. Had the phones been working properly you wouldn't have been inconvenienced by making a trip to the front desk. Fortunately, Randee was able to move you to a different room but I wish the entire incident could' have been prevented. As for the $20 incidental, this is a authorization to cover any incidentals that the guest might have during their stay. The authorization is released upon the guest checkout if there were no additional charges. While this is a standard practice for many hotels you should' have been informed at check in. I'm also very concerned that you didn't receive a receipt at checkout especially if you asked for one. Regardless, as a IHG Reward member the receipt should have been placed underneath your door by the night auditor. I apologize that this didn't happen.
Our goal is to provide each guest with the best experience possible however in this case we obviously failed to do that and I completely understand your frustration.
Thank you for taking the time to submit the review so that I can work on resolving the issues.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I was extremely pleased with the ammenities and cleanliness of my room. The staff was courteous, helpful and welcoming. I needed an extra pillow and was gladly given one. I will definitely stay with Candlewood again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
generalmgr057, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin N-Cedar Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Dixie

Thank you for staying with us while you were in the area. I was very pleased to read that you were extremely satisfied with the cleanliness of the room, amenities and the level of service provided by the front desk and staff. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again when in the area.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My husband spends weeks at hotels for his job so when I can I go and stay with him. This is a very nice hotel for extended stay guests. He's in a king room which is very spacious and nicely decorated. The hotel and rooms are super clean. The air conditioning works fabulous which is a major plus in Texas. The bed is super comfy and wifi works wells. Laundry room is clean and free which is a plus. The only negative is they don't have a pool but their sister hotel is right next door and their pool is available for Candlewood guests. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I was very pleased to read that you were completely satisfied with the amenities, cleanliness of the room and the level of service provided by the staff. We know that our guests have many choices of hotels to chose from so our goal is to provide the best service possible to ensure they have a great stay. Hopefully you will consider staying with us if in the area again.

Sincerely

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I loved this centrally located hotel for shopping and general sight seeing in Austin. No, it's not in the middle of the whole 6th street experience. It's on the North side of Austin but everything convenient is close by. Staff was super friendly and helped with anything I needed. Free wi-fi a plus. It was very inexpensive!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest

First of all thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to the area. I was pleased to read that you were happy with the location of the hotel, rooms and friendly staff. Our goal is to provide the best customer service possible to ensure each guest has a awesome stay. Also, thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. Hopefully if you are in the area again you will consider staying with us.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I live in hotels for work. The staff is friendly and helpful, free laundry, clean rooms. only 4 stars because no pool, and exercise equipment needs some attention and repairs, otherwise all good. Very close to other stores with little commute time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Ron B.

Thank you for completing a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you were completely satisfied with the room and staff. As you mentioned we don't have a pool but are guests are allowed to use the Holiday Inn Express pool located right beside our property since we are owned by the same company. I apologize that you weren't told this during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again if you are ever in the area.

Have a great day!!

Don Simmons

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I received this property via a Priceline "express deal". The price was less than the rack rate, but was a bit higher than usual due to multiple events taking place in Austin over the weekend. I consider the price I paid when evaluating the overall value.

Service: Excellent. The front desk clerk was quick, very nice and seemed to enjoy what she was doing. I was allowed to check-in about two hours early.

Room/Facility: Very good. The room was more upscale than any Extended Stay America I've ever stayed at. The pillowtop bed was very cushy; if you like a soft bed you will be in heaven. The room was clean, and everything worked. Two complaints regarding the facility - 1st, the noise level coming from adjacent rooms and the room above mine was excessive. The walls are paper thin it seems. And 2nd, I could never find a luggage cart when I needed one. I'm not sure if there is only one, or if people hog them, or what, but the lack of one was a slight inconvenience.

Location: Excellent. The property is in a great area, across from the 1890 Ranch mall, which includes a Super Target, Starbucks, and many more stores. Gas stations and popular restaurants are also nearby. It's a safe area. The hotel is set back from the main road a bit, so exterior noise is not a problem. There is more than enough parking in the lot.

Misc: The Candlewood "Cupboard" (room with food / toiletry items for sale) is convenient, and has a good selection of items.

Overall, I was very happy with this property considering the price paid. It is definitely the best of any extended stay type places I've experienced. That said, it's not the best place I've stayed at for the price, but it is far above average and I think most folks will find it quite acceptable.

Room Tip: Walls and floor boards are thin, and noise travels easily. Request a top floor room to reduce likeli...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
generalmgr057, Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin N-Cedar Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dave C., Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review. I'm so happy to hear that you were pleased with so many aspects of our property. We are very proud of our facility and always like to hear that reinforced from our guests. I am, however, very sorry to hear that the noise level was a little too high for you in your room. We do our very best to make sure every guest has a quiet night's rest. If you happen upon our property again please contact us immediately if there are noise issues during your stay. We never hesitate to do what we can to make every guest's stay an enjoyable and peaceful one. I do apologize for the lacking luggage carts. Occasionally guests leave them in their room and we find ourselves limited of their availability. I hope that you will choose us again the next time you are in the Cedar Park area.

Pamela Polster
Operations Manager

Reviewed 26 February 2014

My team and I stayed at the Candlewood for 3 months while working on a job. We had 3 rooms and we were very pleased with the size of the rooms. The kitchens were very nice and saved additional food expenses. The rooms were always clean. The most important thing was the friendliness of the staff and the way they make you feel at home. We would definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
generalmgr057, Manager at Candlewood Suites Austin N-Cedar Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Steve,

We always enjoyed having you as our guest. Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm so glad we could make your stay convenient and enjoyable. Come back and see us. Thank you so much for the business that you and your team provided. We love getting to know our guests.

Pamela