“Clean and affordable”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Cedar Park
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
“Clean and affordable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

Traveled to Cedar Park for my graduation. We ended up staying 2 nights instead of just one. The hotel was booked full, but they found a way to keep us in the same rooms both nights even though we waited until the last minute to let them know. The staff was very friendly and when there was a slight miscommunication about the 2nd night, the manager stepped right up and said it was their fault and was very apologetic. The rooms were very clean and had a really cool modern look. My son loved the salt water pool (I wasn't getting in that cold thing). The only complaint I have is the beds were very hard. The coolest thing was the peacock that showed up in the parking lot! If you want fancy, this isn't it. If you want clean and affordable, this is the perfect place.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

After less than an hour in our room, my wife found a bug crawling in our bed. Per the assistant GM, it was not a bed bug so there was nothing to worry about. He was very dismissive.....the perferred response: how about "I'm so sorry there was an insect inside your room". The solution was to give us another room. Which was reasonable on a basic level, if we still wanted to stay.

We decided to check out and ask for a refund after being there for an hour. The assistant GM explained that it was longer than 15 minutes after we checked in so we would be charged a full night. After some discussion where I explained how that was unreasonable, this assistant GM, rudely refunded us our money. No apologies and he actually seemed annoyed and frustrated that someone who found a bug in their bed may want to check out of the hotel. He was even more annoyed that we went passed this unwritten 15 minutes rule to decide not to stay.

Not an ounce of even basic customer service was demonstrated here. In situations like this is when managers should step up to the plate and turn a bad situation into a good one. He just made a bad situation worse.

To top it off, although the inside of the hotel seemed newer the outside is not. Poor landscaping or lack there of. Sketchy people outside the front lobby entrance fixing a half broken down truck and some worker enjoying a 6 pack near the parking lot entrance. Also saw 2 bug in the lobby during the enjoyable checking out experience,

Avoid this hotel.....

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Mike577
General_Manager_M6, Manager at Motel 6 Cedar Park, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
We apologize that you feel you received less than adequate customer service. We at Motel 6 - Cedar Park strive to offer rooms at an affordable price along with superior customer service and cleanliness. Unfortunately the much needed rain in this area may have brought one or two small insects in through our automatic door. We apologize for any uneasiness this may have caused you and your wife during your visit to our motel.
Management
Altoona, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

I am from out of stat and had to stay in Cedar Park over the Christmas Holiday while my daughter was in the hospital there. The staff went out of their way to make it a pleasent time for us. Their kindness really helped make our time there a lot less stressfull. Would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Kyle, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a night to get away. The rooms look modern and the place was very clean. The staff was very friendly. The bed was a little stiff, but we loved it overall.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Surprise, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

First time I was "evicted" from a motel, I am a very busy travel nurse & was shocked to be informed that my suite was "already booked to someone else" when I went to extend for another week.Mgr was not nice, owner even meaner, told me I had to leave when I suggested to her - to possibly inform people they needed 45 hrs to re-book their room - put me in a tiny room, with paper thin walls and was not happy. Asked if they now have a suite - she said you have to leave in the am B/C OBVIOUSLY SHE DIDNT WANT ANYONE TO POINT ANYTHING OUT ABOUT HOW UNKIND SHE AND HER MGR WERE RUDE TO PEOPLE. Housekeepers, other staff members, complaining and giving their notice...not a good people person - this owner or MGR (who was a male) Parking lot blocked off regarding some dispute with yet another person. Too bad, would be a great motel (clean etc) if they had new mgt / owner - not classy at all!!!!!

Room Tip: Get an end room, walls are paper thin - Do not suggest anything to the woman owner - she will get ve...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Travelgirl3643
General_Manager_M6, General Manager at Motel 6 Cedar Park, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
We are sorry that you feel that Management was not friendly. We do educate all our long-term guests about our extension policy, which requests that they give us advance notice. We do this, so that we can best accommodate both our current guests and the guests that have reservations to arrive at our location. The last thing we want is to displace any of our guests as we do appreciate their business. This is why we found a different room to accommodate your needs since all the room types you preferred were booked by arriving guests.
When we saw your comments about our staff, we discussed it with both the management and on-duty staff. We could not find any staff members who concur with your statements.
We make every effort to provide guests with a pleasant and enjoyable stay. We are sorry that yours was not.
Texarkana, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

This was the third Motel 6 I stayed at on a trip to Austin, the other ones being at Tyler and College Station, and this was newer and nicer than the other two. It was $10 more than the other locations, but it was still very good value. This is more like a small hotel, since most motel 6 locations require you to enter your room directly from the exterior, but this location had interior hallways. I prefer the top floor and this motel had 3 stories, and I reached my room from the lobby, and rode the elevator up to the third floor. Most of the other Motel 6 locations are 2 stories and you have to climb up exterior stairs to reach the balcony and access to your room. The room seemed larger and nicer than at other Motel 6 locations, so I was very impressed. The motel stood alone, away from the highway, surrounded by a forest of hill country oak trees, so if you want peace and quiet, this is the place. You do need a car to get here since Cedar Park is way up on the north edge of Metropolitan Austin, and is actually in Williamson County, and not Travis County. Also it's a few miles west of I-35 on a Farm to Market Road, but not too far from the Toll Road for US 183 in Cedar Park. Restaurants and stores aren't too far away. If you want a motel close to downtown Austin, or the University of Texas, this motel is not the best choice, but if you want a nice place to stay in the North Austin area, and you want good value, this is an excellent choice. I'm glad I stayed here, and it was good to enjoy one of the newer and nicer Motel 6 properties.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

Booked a kitchenettes room which was fine but smoking. Wasn't given option at time of reservation to book NS. Manger took discount off rate. No dish soap offered to clean dishes in room. Floor not mopped prior to check-in and not attended to during stay. Broken shower handle repaired within 1- day. Spacious environment, however remodeling (no fault of management) was a disaster; trying to be euro/modern w/o success. Selected for price and proximity to area of business. Walmart and major retail located within 5-min of site.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business