“Not for me ... But maybe others.”
Review of Motel 6 Cedar Park

and 1 more site!
Motel 6 Cedar Park
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Cedar Park
Southern States
“Not for me ... But maybe others.”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I stayed here due to the fact that it was close to cedar park hospital where I had visited a family member, and based on the price.
Pros: New, relatively clean property.
Got a good price.
Friendly front desk.
Cons: Poorly constructed. Could hear tv across the hall, neighbors next door and traffic ( I sleep with a noise machine but still didn't help).
Bed was comparable to those found in Mexico (very firm).
Curtains did not completely cover the window so the room was pretty bright by 7:00 am.
If you are an early riser, can sleep through most noise and want a reasonable rate then this would probably be a suitable option.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Alice, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Normally i would not stay at Motel 6, but you couldnt beat the price at this place. Upon arrival i was greeted by Cynthia who was very friendly. When i got to the room i was amazed at how much motel 6 has redone their rooms nation wide. Its a small room with a queen size bed, small table for two, 35" flat screen TV (no joke). Bed was very comfortable, clean, but no alarm clock. At night, on the second floor where i was staying, you could hear people walking, no stomping to thier rooms,kids making noise, running the hallways. This place needs more sound deading materials and mgmt., needs to be monitoring this noise problem. Of course, most of the problem stems from guests being discourteous. But for the price, it was great and i would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

Looks nearly new. Good maintenance and houskeeping. Flat screen tv with good channel selections. Good bedding. Definitely a stay again consideration and the kitchenette option wasn't yet tried. Just dont expect Hampton Inn amenities.

• Stayed August 2012
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 4 August 2012

And one for the friendly staff. The "modern" look to our room felt like a cold sterile hospital room, no decor. The over-sized twin beds (called full size), two in the room, room and bed size not really big enough to comfortably accommodate 3 or 4. Two hooks to hang clothes but not real place to store clothes. Table small. Bathroom towel rings kept coming off when pulled towels out. Pool was way too Cold to even get in but kids managed too but then suffered later from the salt water hurting their eyes. Staff was friendly but didn't have too much contact with them. Did notice the sign in room that insinuated if you took towels and such from room, how much it would cost you. Thought that a little odd. No amenities, no breakfast, lobby coffee was good. Glad we didn't pay any more than we did for the room.

Room Tip: Maybe pay a little extra to try the suite?
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Traveler254_12
badammutterfly
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We were in town for a family event and just needed a hotel room to sleep. It was amazing the attitude of "our guests rip us off" this hotel has. We asked for 2 more pillows to go with the 2 flat pillows in our room. They made sure to mark that on our reservation - that we had 4 pillows BUT the pillows that were given to us were wadded up dead polyfil pillows. Globs, not pillows.

Sign on desk says to just ask for an iron, but when I did as I showed my room key, they told me I had to leave my driver's license to get an iron.

What is wrong with this picture? Nice people shouldn't stay in cheap hotels. You get treated like criminals. My mistake.

Actually, my husband and I often choose Motel 6 for inexpensive overnight lodging on the road. Spent a night in the Motel 6 in Rapid City during Bike Week, no signs telling us bikers what it was going to cost us. They went out of their way to be sure we had everything we needed.
That is why I wrote this review. Motel 6 in Cedar Park, Texas has a grumpy attitude toward guests.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
General_Manager_M6, General Manager at Motel 6 Cedar Park, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
We apologize if our policies offended you in anyway. Please believe us when we say that this is not the intention of our policies and procedures. In fact, at Motel 6 - Cedar Park, we strive to offer the highest level of customer service. We are sorry that you feel we fell short at your recent visit to our hotel.
Management
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2012

My husband and I are faithful Motel Sixers since 2005. We mostly like there hotels because it is affordable and have accessible locations, however this little Cedar Park location surprised us. The feel of the room was very European and while small it was extremely comfortable and prices still the best. The other hotels in the area had doubled their prices because of Memorial Day Weekend and they did not. Very Clean, staff very nice and helpful and the rooms were nice and soundproof to other rooms noises. For those of you who like continental breakfast and free shampoos in the room they didn't have those extras, but that is fine for me because I know that is how they can keep their low prices. They also have a salt water pool!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank L D
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Traveled to Cedar Park for my graduation. We ended up staying 2 nights instead of just one. The hotel was booked full, but they found a way to keep us in the same rooms both nights even though we waited until the last minute to let them know. The staff was very friendly and when there was a slight miscommunication about the 2nd night, the manager stepped right up and said it was their fault and was very apologetic. The rooms were very clean and had a really cool modern look. My son loved the salt water pool (I wasn't getting in that cold thing). The only complaint I have is the beds were very hard. The coolest thing was the peacock that showed up in the parking lot! If you want fancy, this isn't it. If you want clean and affordable, this is the perfect place.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
#2 of 8 in Cedar Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin - Cedar Park
Candlewood Suites Austin N-Cedar Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton - Austin/Cedar Park

Been to Motel 6 Cedar Park? Share your experiences!